A Final Ritual

A Final Ritual

A Chapter by prymore
"

The start of the end, and the beginning of the future.

"
     I breath in deeply, through my nose, hold, then out through the mouth.
     The door opens, I remain still for a moment but then push my way up, I hold onto the wall, leaning heavily against it, I make my way across the room and stand in front of the youth standing in the doorway.
     "You...you don't have to."
     I looked at him and smiled, he hid the shakes well, but I could see him tremble underneath the teal robe he wore.
     "You are scared for yourself, not me."
     "I...I'm not scared!" He yelled, voice cracking.
     "Twelve or fourteen?"
     "Thirteen."
     "If you don't get out of my way then I'll fall against you, or onto the floor."
     He rushed to the side. I walked into the hall and looked around a final time, I walked over to a painting and straightened it out, I ran my hand over it and started walking down the hall. I heard the youth rush to catch up, he fell in line behind me. The halls were abandoned, I stopped every once in a while to admire a painting and then moved on. I arrived at the end of the hall and turned into the main chamber. The rest of the assembly was gathered, the eleven head members stood on the stage, in their flowing gold cloaks. All heads turned towards me and the youth, I heard him gulp. I walked through the crowd to the edge of the stage and accepted the hands of three of the head members, the youth accepted the hand of one of the others. I straightened and turned and faced the assembly.
     "We are the final assembly, this is the start of the end, and the beginning of the future."
     Everyone cheered, I looked back at the head members and nodded. I walked over to the pillars and sat between the two on the left, the youth sat between the right pillars. I subtly smiled at him, he breathed deeply and nodded. The eleventh head member walked over to the youth and gave him a sharpened ceremonial sword. He held it sloppily but quickly corrected his grip at a stern look from the first head member.
     "I officially as my last statement, chose you as my successor."
     Everyone froze, but continued after a moment, except the youth, he sat there trying to keep from crying.
     I stood and placed my hands on the pillars and smiled down at the youth. He shook his head subtly, I smiled and slowly closed my eyes, the last thing I saw was him taking a fighting stance and charginging. I felt a prick and fell into the darkness.


© 2021 prymore


Author's Note

prymore
I'm drunk so expect mistakes, any suggestions or criticism, or questions leave below, I'll try to respond and keep adding to this in a good time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Brilliant writing and details! Very interesting and makes me want to read more and learn about everyone and the whole universe. The emotions are very real-feeling too, you can really get the sense of what the characters are feeling from how you wrote it. Thank you for sharing and I'm excited to read more!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

prymore

3 Years Ago

Thank you, I'm still building the universe as I go, and I'm liking the story thus far, I don't plan .. read more
Vertigo Cat1111

3 Years Ago

I do that often too, sometimes it's far better than planning. I love the idea of the characters guid.. read more



Reviews

The reader is completely in the dark, but isn't bored.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

prymore

3 Years Ago

Thank you for the review. I just opened the page and started typing, so I was in the dark as well. I.. read more
Brilliant writing and details! Very interesting and makes me want to read more and learn about everyone and the whole universe. The emotions are very real-feeling too, you can really get the sense of what the characters are feeling from how you wrote it. Thank you for sharing and I'm excited to read more!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

prymore

3 Years Ago

Thank you, I'm still building the universe as I go, and I'm liking the story thus far, I don't plan .. read more
Vertigo Cat1111

3 Years Ago

I do that often too, sometimes it's far better than planning. I love the idea of the characters guid.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 29, 2021
Last Updated on March 29, 2021


Author

prymore
prymore

colonial heights, VA



About
Hello my name is prymore, also known as oyak muisso meakezy, and a few others. i'm 22, I love to read and write and have created several fantasy worlds with hundreds of characters. follow me on twi.. more..

Writing
A Quote A Quote

A Chapter by prymore


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by prymore


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by prymore