The Crijan Kingdom chapter 3

The Crijan Kingdom chapter 3

A Chapter by sam

Chapter 3

Fairbell, Pennsylvania

 

            Janet Lane sat next to Sophia on the old tan floral print couch in the living room while the two men sat across from them. Finally to feel the silence that had made its way into the house Janet took a long breath and said “I know this is probably a shock to you my little one, but I have known for many, many years now that this time would come. I just hoped I would have had knowledge of when so I could have prepared you for the journey you will take.”

    Sophia looked at the woman she considered family for most of her life “Aunt Janet, I don’t understand. How do they know me and what do you mean prepare me for this?” She asked in a meek frightened tone. Her heart was pounding, and she swore that she was in the middle of a nervous breakdown or a panic attack.

    “You have to understand that everything you are about to find out was done to protect you and to give you a life and for you to grow up healthy and happy, to give you a chance to become all you can be,” Janet said and with a pause waiting to see if Sophia wanted to say anything. After another moment she continued “We come from a place called Crijan and at one point it was a beautiful and magical place full of life and laughter. Magic filled the air with beings and creatures all over the realm. Where each one was happy and thriving. Then the dark times came and with that the dark queen. She arose from the south of the land and destroyed everything in her part of the kingdom. She also made it known that she was on her way to ours.”

    Sophia was listening intently when Zeke the smaller of the men with the short dark reddish brown hair started to get agitated shifting in his chair he asked “Do we seriously have to give her the complete background story? We are on a time limit to get her back to Crijan before Sapphire’s Hench men find us.”

    The Greek God Kellan turned and glared at Zeke and with a loud commanding voice he stated “If her guardian feels the need to tell her this then you must sit and wait and let her finish. She knows the girl better than us all and if she feels it will help her then so be it mutt” Silence once again filled the room as the ladies just stared at the two men in astonishment. Kellan then looked at Janet and nodded for her to continue.

    “Now you see I have known you since you were a tiny baby and helped your mother take care of you because you were quite a handful and wouldn’t listen to anyone else but us. When threats were made, and the darkness grew your mother knew she had to do something to protect you. In the darkness of the night, she created a way for us to escape here for you to be raised in a life full of hope and safety. I was to help guide you and watch over you until it was time for us to go back. However, I have had a little help along the way.” She smiled to herself like there was a hidden joke in what she was saying.

    Sophia sighed “So want you mean to say is I come from a far off land like Europe and some woman who apparently everyone is afraid of wants me dead and my mother sent you and me here until now. You do this sounds like a sick joke right?” She asked hoping still that this was all just a gag and that they were playing a birthday prank on her.

    Janet shook her head softly and smiled weakly. “I am sorry my sweetheart, but I am afraid this isn’t a joke. Now we must pack a small bag for the both of us and go with Kellan and Zeke. If your mother sent them here for you, it is time for us to leave. I will get your things you stay here and let all this register in my little one.” She said as she patted the girl's head. As she walked away, Sophia just sat there trying to wrap this information in her head. All these years everyone has lied to her and never said a word to her. She wished Clair was there so she could have someone to confide into.

    As time passed Sophia felt uncomfortable just sitting down and not doing something especially with two strangers gawking at her like some freak, so she got up and walked into Janet’s room. “Is there anything I can do to help?” She asked watching her pack two small bags with some of their belongings that were laying on her bed.

    Janet paused for a second sensing her fear of what was going on she decided that a helping hand mind keeps Sophia from worrying too much. “You can get in my top dresser drawer and give me the small box that is tucked away in the back if you don’t mind.” She requested as she pointed lazily to across the room.

    Sophia walked over and opened to where her aunt looked and dug around to the back of the old oak dresser and pulled out a small box that had intricate designs chiseled into it around the name Sophia that was on its top. She looked at it while she traced the name subconsciously feeling like it had a significant meaning. “Aunt Jan, why is my name on this box?” she asked. The box looked so familiar but couldn’t place ever seeing or owning anything like this with her name before.

    As Sophia walked over to her, Janet explained “Well when you were younger and before we came here your full name was Sophia Nicolet Moon, however, sense we moved her we changed your middle and last name so no one could find us. Your friends that you played with in Crijan always called you Sophie, and it seems even here you have adopted that nickname as well.” Janet felt for the child she had grown to love and care for over the years and knew deep down that this was hurting her. She wished that she could ease some of the pain but knew she needed to learn to accept these feelings without magic’s help.

    “Can I open it?” She asked with curiosity in her voice.

    “Of course, you can. Let me clean off this bed and we can sit down.” Janet said

    Once the bed was cleared both of them sat down and very slowly and hesitantly, Sophia opened the box. Inside there were several tiny portraits painted of a little girl with mischievous eyes and curly black hair smiling up at two ladies one that appeared to look like Janet her grams and another of a beautiful young woman with Curly honey blonde hair and soft hazel eyes that twinkled with admiration at the little toddler. Sophia hadn’t realized that a tear was falling from her eyes until Janet brushed it away “is this you in the photo?” She asked

    Janet let out a soft laugh and replied “Yes, my dear that was me nearly fourteen years ago. This little painting was done right before we came here during happier times. I take you can figure out that the toddler is you right?” Sophia shook her head and kept staring at the younger woman. “That would be your mother, and my closest friend the High Queen Arwen.” She said with pride in her voice.

    “Arwen my mother.” She thought to herself. Sophia couldn’t wrap her head around it she had a mother who was a high queen. Who was beyond gorgeous and was envious that other than her eyes and height there weren't too many similarities between them? It had only been an hour, and she felt like a lifetime had passed her by. Now out of nowhere, she is to go with strangers and the woman who posed as her aunt to another world to meet her mother of all people. Why now? Why me? Was all that kept running through her mind. Finally, after a few short minutes passed the small bags were packed, and they both headed towards the living room where the two men patiently awaited them.  



© 2016 sam


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on March 10, 2016
Last Updated on July 21, 2016


Author

sam
sam

PA



About
25 year old psychology student and mom. I am an avid reader mostly fantasy and yes even young adult at times. I am always found with my nose in a book. I use to write poetry and slowly getting back in.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5