The Crijan Kingdom Chapter 6

The Crijan Kingdom Chapter 6

A Chapter by sam

Chapter 6

Aecrasos, Crijan

“Queen Arwen, we have finally heard back from them.” Said one of the Pixies in a happy tone. While the others danced around her giggling in laughing with excitement filling the air around them and their wings glistening in the light. It was the happiest the palace had been in years and brought joy to the Queen to see her subjects this way.

“Tell me my friends what news have you heard from them, but remember to be vague we never know who is listening.” Said Arwen in a hushed tone. It had been two days since she sent two of her men through a hidden veil into the world of man, without hearing from them she started to get worried that something had gone terribly wrong.

One of the pixies with sharp features and black as night hair stared at her and answered in a musically sounding voice. “They reached their destination and all is going to plan.” It has taken a lot of planning and magic from many creatures in the Queens most trusted circle to form the Vail, without them it would not have held this long, and the small strand of hope keeping the kingdom together would be gone.

Arwen smiled, “This is excellent news we must make sure we have several guardians waiting by the vail just in case Sapphire has caught wind of what we are planning.” As she said, this one of the pixies with wild blue hair fluttered out of the room to do as she requested. Finally, with ease, she relaxed for a second relieved that all was well. As the Queen of the Fae, Arwen had several powers, but she relied heavily on her foresight over the other abilities. The downside is freewill can change thing instantly, and it doesn’t work seeing through the vail.

Slowly she rose up off of the white velvet couch and walked into a room adjacent to her living courters. The room was surrounded by a wall of mirrors and tall ivory vines making its way up most of them. In the middle of the room stood a silver basin and a crystal glass pitcher. Arwen grasped the handle and slowly poured the water into the bowl whispering “Montrez-moi ce que je cherche.” Placing the pitcher back into its place she looked at the swirling gray water as it pulled her into another vision.

Fire and smoke swirled around her and covered the sky. Clashing sounds of the silver shields and weapons meet each other in battle surround her echoing off the armor of the warriors. A maniacal laugh fills the air and for a slight second lighting strikes across the sky to show Sapphire clutching a scepter ready to hit her target. Just as suddenly as the image came, it disappeared, and Arwen stepped away from the basin with her eyes closed. She had gotten what she needed. A battle will happen, and her people need to be ready, her daughter needed to be ready.

Arwen left the room quickly making sure that it was secure this place was known to very few, and she wanted it kept that way. Power can be obsessive, and the last thing she needed was a spy to find this room. Swiftly she made her way into the great hall where several faes were talking excitedly as the started preparations for the upcoming celebration. Clapping her hands together she was able to gather the ladies attention. “As we all know the day we have been waiting for is upon us at last. However, due to the circumstances of the situation we need to find a way to keep the festivities to a minimum so that we may not attract unwanted attention at this dire time.” She paused for a moment disliking to disappoint her people when they love celebrations “I would like to have dancing and music most of the night, and the pixies and sprites have come up with an incredible display that will happen later that evening so do not fret my dears, it will still be a magical night.” She said with a warm smile on her face and happiness in her voice. Once she was done everyone got back to work, and Queen Arwen help with the planning of the festivities.



© 2016 sam


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on July 21, 2016
Last Updated on July 21, 2016


Author

sam
sam

PA



About
25 year old psychology student and mom. I am an avid reader mostly fantasy and yes even young adult at times. I am always found with my nose in a book. I use to write poetry and slowly getting back in.. more..

Writing