Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Kakuzu (or so they call me)

Later that night Jasper and I were in the living room, relaxing like we normally do after he gets off work. He was sitting on the couch watching TV and I was laying on the couch with my head in his lap reading. He was gently petting my shoulder length black hair with red tips. I could feel his cold skin through his black dress pants. Admittedly it felt good ageist my warm face especially since my blood temperature tends to run higher than the normal persons. At first I put up a real fight with the head in the lap thing, but it was something I�m now accustomed to.
He was laughing at the six o�clock news report. I wasn�t really listening, but apparently they found another body of a person he kill, I think it�s number 26, and they still have no idea that it�s a serial killer making those kills. He states that he only kills people with a serious criminal record, but I think that�s only have true because of how I came to come here. Also he apparently makes money his by killing people and stealing money from their bank account and he plays the game of the stock market. He says he had a friend who can �see� into the future.
�So, what do you think girlie? Am I good at hiding myself or are they just stupid?� he asked me laughingly. It wasn�t a serious question, but I put my book down and thought it over carefully.
�I think that their stupid in not figuring out that there is a serial killer out there, but your smart enough that when they do figure it out they won�t be able to find you.�
He closed his eyes and rested his hand on my waist. �Your smart darling, but you take too much so seriously.�
The news report continued on, though now talking about drought through southern Asia. He turned the TV off and just sat there with his eyes closed softly humming to himself. I picked up my book again and started to read. I debated whether I should being up the subject of his son. On one hand he might get angry, he�s been known to have a short temper. Or if he wanted to talk to me about it he himself would have brought it up. But my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to bring it up.
�Jasper?� I asked hesitantly I rolled over from my side to by back so I was looking right at his face. If he open his eyes my Emerald green ones would be staring into his night black eyes.
�Hmm?� he opened his eyes and looked down on me.
I took a deep breath �I was talking to John today�and�he mentioned something about your son?�
�Yes? What about it?�
�Well, uh, I didn�t know that you had a son.�
He smiled, �Yes, he was born right before I became, well, you know, who I am.� He stood up and walked over to the small book shelf in that room and pretended to inspect it. I noticed that when he became uncomfortable he didn�t look at me. �I told him that this was no life to live, but he became angered and ran off and before I knew it he decided to be 18 forever.�
I stood up and walked up beside him and put my hand on his shoulder, �Why is he coming over here?�
�I don�t know, I suspect that he is having money troubles. Last time he came here, which was 75 years ago, it was because he was broke, alone, and people were after him. Sometimes I just don�t know what to do with him�
�That�s a son for you, only comes around to�� I didn�t finish my sentence; he turned around and wrapped his arms around me in a hug. I wiggled to un-trap my arms to wrap around his neck. His arms settled around my waist and back. We stood there for a moment until he backed a step away though never going far enough away were I couldn�t feel his fresh breath on my face.
�Your so kind and beautiful,� his hand petted my hair and slid down to me cheek were he then removed his hand and gently kissed me. The phone rang, he straitened up and his suddenly soft eyes became cold and hard again. No one called our house. He rushed to get the phone. The only phone inside this house was in one of the three rooms I was not permitted to go in. Two were on the first floor and one was in the back of the basement. I went to go lay back on the couch.
He came back in silently a few minutes later.
�Who was that?� I asked
�No one,� pause, �just some old lady with the wrong number.�
I didn�t know if I couldn�t believe that or not. He was gone an awful long time to just tell someone that they called the wrong number. Before I could think about it any longer I heard a sudden yell of �INCOMING!!�
Before I could look to see who it was I had the wind knocked out of me as a beagle and a border collie leaped unto my chest. I�m just grateful that the Husky/Wolf wasn�t into that or I�d be in some deep s**t. Instead he just walked to where my head was and sat beside me.
�You such a good boy Renji,� I said trying to regain breath and patting his head, �Maybe you could teach these other two dogs a lesson in manners.�
Jasper lifted up the beagle who was wiggling his tail so hard his entire body moved.
�And who is this?� he asked while holding the tiny dogs to him.
�That�s Orochimaru, This, �I motioned to the dog licking my face, �is Marilyn and the good calm dog is Renji.�
�Interesting names, but who am I to judge.�
�What do you mean by that?�
He blushed, which you know I find interesting that a vampire can do, �I named my son Akumamaru Kyuuketsuki.�
�Now that is an interesting name on your part.� At this point john came rushing.
�My deepest apologies, I just let them in from out side and they all rushed at once and I found myself unable to stop them.�
�That�s okay John,� John rushing in like that distracted me from the thought of why would he named is kid Akumamaru Kyuuketsuki which roughly translates into demon vampire in Japanese. I thought, no I know that he hates who is he. But at the same time he enjoys it immensely. He wonders why his kid went off and got himself bitten with a name like that. I don�t think he�s telling me the whole truth or at least hiding something.
�Alice, Alice, earth to Alice. You okay there.� I woke up from my thinking state to find his face inches from mine.
�What? Yea, yea I�m fine.�
He gently kissed me on the cheek. �Why don�t we go for a walk? It�s not that dark yet and your dogs look like they could use up some energy.�
�Yea sure, just let me go upstairs and change my clothes.�
�Here this�ll be faster.� He scooped me up in his arms bridal style and began to walk up the stairs.
I put my arms around his neck. �I�m not really sure this is faster.�
�Yes, well at least it�s more fun.�
At last we reached the attic. I walked into my closet and chose black spandex Capri�s and a black tank top that had three rips across the front, but behind the rips was a deep red material. The shirt was skin tight, but it didn�t restrict movement. I walked out of the closet to find him resting on the bed and looking at the various posters on my wall. As he saw me walk out he propped himself up onto his elbows.
�So you want to go play in the forest I take it?� he asked eyebrow rose.
�No other way to take a walk in my book.� I replied to him as I walked into the bathroom.
After I changed I hung the clothes I wore on the door to change back into when I got back. As I walked out pulling my hair into a ponytail he wolf whistled.
�Hot.� He picked me up again and started the journey to the front door.
I sighed, �This again.�
�And why not, it�s not like we got a time limit.�
You may not, I thought, but some normal people like us do.
He set me down when we reached the front door. All the dogs were sitting there waiting patiently. He opened the door and let me walk through first, and then he and he held the door for the dogs to walk through. The dogs walked beside us as we walked to the edge of the forest, we talked about trivial things like the weather and things on the news. We reached the edge of the forest and he stood right by the first tree in which the lowest branch was 20 feet up. He belt down and interlocked his fingers together.
�Come on, even with you giving me a boost my 5 foot self won�t be able to reach that branch.� I complained.
�Just give it a try girlie.�
I stood about 50 feet back and ran towards him. When I reached his hand I took a step onto it and lifted his hands while I leaped to the branch. I barely reached it I readjusted my hands and pulled myself up to a standing position on the branch and leaned ageist the tree. Thank god I�ve been taking gymnastics since I was 7.
We had fun jumping from branch to branch. Seeing who would make the most Daring moves. The dogs would run below us and if we landed on a low branch they would playfully nip our heels. Yep, yep, it was all fun until I was about 55 feet up and I landed on a dead branch. It snapped under me. I screamed as I unexpectedly started to fall. I�d never fallen before. Before I knew it there jasper was. He jumped from my left grabbed me and landed on another branch. He worked his way down carefully while still holding me until he reached the ground.
He looked down at me. I wiped tears from my eyes. (How did they get there? I don�t remember crying.)
�I think we better go back inside.�
He carried me two miles till we got to the meadow and another � till we got to the house the dogs following faithfully all the way. I don�t know how he did it but, you know, I guess that�s a vampire for you.


© 2008 Kakuzu (or so they call me)


Author's Note

Kakuzu (or so they call me)
i was tired when i wrote the last couple paragraphs so if they're truely awful some advise on how to fix.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed reading your prologue and chapters. I see that you said you are quite the beginner at writing, and therefore, would not mind some advice. Make sure your work is grammatically correct, for instance, there was an instance or two where you used the word "their" when the word "they're" was called for, also be sure to use paragraphs to separate scenes (I do realize that paragraphs don't transfer well from MS Word, etc., to Writer's Cafe so forgive me if this is why your paragraphs are not apparent - this happens a lot to me too.) Make sure you proofread to remove misspelled words. The most important job of a writer is proofreading, editing and rewriting. Other than that, I think this is a fine story for a start and I'd like to see more. It seems to me that you have a knack for writing dialogue - you write as a person would speak. That's a great gift, and it makes the characters more real. I pride myself on doing the same (or trying to anyway) and love to see it in other writers. Also, I see you are narrating this work, meaning you're writing it in the First Person. I find this excellent. Not many people write in the First Person anymore and I think you're doing a great job at it. You mentioned that you think your last couple of paragraphs might not be very good. My advice to you is, print your work out on paper and read it over, using a colored pen, such as red, to mark changes. Only you can make your story better. Over all, I think you're doing just great. Don't stop writing!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
1 Review
Added on June 29, 2008
Last Updated on July 6, 2008


Author

Kakuzu (or so they call me)
Kakuzu (or so they call me)

Jackson, MI



About
I'm 15 and want to be an author when i grow up, so i'm giving it a go. I do dance, panio, flute, guitar, karkate and socializing! i hate preps. i'm a punk (but some call me goth) more..

Writing