Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Kakuzu (or so they call me)

John was loading Jaspers bags into the mustang convertible. I did not pity him, I heard that it was 4 hours to the nearest airport and who knows how long of a flight to LA. He hugged me, I didn’t really hug back. Usually I did when he went away on long trips, because I would miss him. It did get awfully lonely in a house with no one there, but this time it was different. Akumamaru was here.

Jasper glared at Akumamaru as he shook his hand, “Remember, no parties, no people, no phone calls,” he looked at me, “no e-mails, no new myspace or facebook accounts and above all listen and obey every word that comes out of John’s mouth.”

I frowned, “What is with you telling us all these rules all of sudden? You’ve never done this before you leave before.”

He squatted down so we were at eye level and put his hand to my cheek, “Darling, you’ve never been in the house alone with Akumamaru for a couple of weeks before. He’s had a tendency to, uh, corrupt people before. Not saying that you’re not a strong individual being but….”

I’ll tell you the truth I felt sorry for him. You know that’s a feeling that’s been coming up more and more often lately.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and whispered into his ear, “its okay. When you get back everything will be like normal. Don’t worry. I’m sure John and I together can keep Akumamaru’s havoc to a minimum.”

He smiled at me. Just then John walked in and announced that all the bags were packed and that he should be leaving soon as so Jasper will miss his plane. Jasper kissed me on the cheek, “I love you and will count the seconds ‘till we meet again.” He stood up and walked out. I heard the mustang start and drive away.

Akumamaru peeked out the window, “going….going….going…..still going…..damn you have a long driveway…and.. GONE! YES!,” he pulled out his cell phone, “par-tay time!”

John took that cell phone from him quickly, “I will think not young master. You heard what the master said.”

I just sighed and shook my head. Akumamaru was so angry, he almost start frothing at the mouth. You know I didn’t really see how this would be different we would spend time differently. Jasper was going to be gone for two weeks total. I suppose the last week would be more boring than usual. I was finishing my final school papers this week.

I started to walk up the stairs. I might as well finish essay for debating so I can start on my history one. I walked up the three flights of stairs till I reached my attic. I wiggled the mouse on my computer till the screen blinked on again.

My debating class final essay was about Hitler. So it was appropriately titled Hitler; Friend or Foe. It was about Hitler rein through Germany and how if he hadn’t tried to take over the world he would’ve been known as one of the greatest political heroes of all time. I also pleaded insanity to his kill the Jews obsession.  So far it was 33 pages long. I just needed to wrap it up to complete the 35 pages so I can start my history report about Napoleon Bonaparte. I sighed and put my head in my hands. It was going to be a long week. 

Akumamaru peeked his head in my door, “Hey girlie! Do you wanna go and mess up the gardens? John has been working on pruning out them spring flowers all week.”

I raised my head up, “Don’t do that, John’s a good person and works too hard for you to do that to him.”

“Fine,” he opened the door all the way and walked in, “What do you want to do then? I’m like way bored.”

“You know I’d love to play with you, but I’m just way to busy. I’ve got to finish end of year essays by the end of this week.”

“Oh really?” he raised an eyebrow, “What do you have left?”

“I’m almost done with debating and art and I haven’t even started science and history yet. So excluding those four all the others are finished.” I sighed and put my head back in my hands.

“Still doin’ school work eh? Aren’t you over the age of 16? Why don’t you just quit school?”

“You know I’ve thought about it, but…        Jasper doesn’t want me too. He wants me to finish school. I say, ‘what is the point? It’s not like I’m going to go to college and get an actual career.’ The only think I could possible do is help Jasper with his serial killing ‘business.”

I, again, sighed and got back to typing. Akumamaru walked over and read the essay over my shoulder. He pointed out mistakes in grammar, spelling and on a couple of thing accuracy of events. I started to wonder how he knew all this information until I realized, duh, he’s lived through it.

Later that day he settled down and played his Xbox, while I read two books each on properties and history of Mercury (my science project) and diligently took notes.

Alice?”

“Hm?” I replied without looking up.

“Do you ever wonder what life would be like away from here?”

“Not really why?”

“Do you think it’s possible you’ll ever leave this place?”

 I looked up to find he had paused his game and was looking at me, “I used to think I would, but not really anymore.”

“What if I told you that there was an opportunity to get away from here?”

“I’d say you were crazy. Besides if I did manage to get away from here I’d have to live on the streets and in constant hiding. I think I’d prefer living here. What’s with all the questions?”

“Well I…” just than John walked in with Orochimaru close on his heels.

“Here is you coffee miss. Anything else you require of me?”

“No, no I’m good.”

“Very well then,” he noticed that Akumamaru wasn’t playing his game and frowned, “Or you master? Are you in need of anything?”

Akumamaru looked surprised, “uh, no, no.”

“We’re fine, you may go now.” I waved him away; he looked at the two of us and grudgingly left.

I looked at Akumamaru, “As you were saying?”

“Oh,” he turned back around and continued his game, “It was nothing, just, just, forget I said anything.”

“Okay” I turned back to my book. I didn’t believe him. I knew he was going to tell me something and I had a hunch I would find out soon enough.

 

 



© 2009 Kakuzu (or so they call me)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on January 3, 2009


Author

Kakuzu (or so they call me)
Kakuzu (or so they call me)

Jackson, MI



About
I'm 15 and want to be an author when i grow up, so i'm giving it a go. I do dance, panio, flute, guitar, karkate and socializing! i hate preps. i'm a punk (but some call me goth) more..

Writing