The diary of a young girl.

The diary of a young girl.

A Story by punkrockgirl555
"

Okay, so I read The Diary of Anne Frank again and I was wondering what it'd be like if I was in her position..I don't know.

"
I can't tell you how depressing it's been not able to step foot outside. I live in secret, in fear and in depression. The thought of being discovered and shot has ran through my mind over and over. I've heard of what happens if they don't kill you right away...You'd be sent to work or death and separated from ones close to you.
It drove me into madness thinking the smallest step made by me could throw us out into the open. How could anyone be careful every day of their life...Sometimes I wish to scream and laugh and be my younger self again, but that would put everyone in the Annex in danger. 

I think of others, hiding in fear just like me and my family. My friends...If they were still alive and if they would still be alive and well when this all ended...If it would end...
How long would it have to be like this...? How long would I think like this? And how long would I have to fear the life outside? 

These were my thoughts for the years until I was captured. I knew what it felt like to feel my death coming. The hand of the soldier touching me...It was pure cold running from him to me. All I could do was scream. Scream for help. Scream for my father...My mother...Margot. My diary fell from my hands as I was lifted from my feet and carried. 
My father fought against the soldier holding me down to reach for me...I stretched out my hand to reach his and missed by an inch. 

...
The train journey of three days...I stuck by Margot for the longest I could. The camp was already full. So I was put in a tent with at least ten other women. When I wasn't working, I cried in the corner, even thought it wouldn't help my situation. What else was there to do...? 
Only a few days later, the tents the new women were kept in was destroyed during a heavy storm. So I was forced to stay in the already crowed barrocks.
The conditions were horrifying...I was barley fed and I hadn't bathed in months...Many prisoners became ill...Just like me and Margot...We had gotten typhus.
As I breathed my last few breaths on the floor beside my sister...I thought of how many other people were to suffer after me...And how long it would be until this was all over...

I hoped that my last wish would come true...
I wanted it all to end. 

'Anne Frank and her sister Margot died of typhus in a concentration camp called Bergen-Belson. Only a few weeks before the camp was liberated.'

© 2013 punkrockgirl555


Author's Note

punkrockgirl555
I probably didn't really portray exactly what happened during the discovery of the Annex.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on July 18, 2013
Last Updated on July 18, 2013
Tags: Anne Frank, Diary of Anne Frank, Diary of a young girl, Holocaust, Views of Anne Frank

Author

punkrockgirl555
punkrockgirl555

Nassau, New Proviedence, Bahamas



About
i'm only 13 , but i write a ton of stories and a lot of people say i'm descriptive and creative when it come to writing, though my parents think i should spend more time perserving my art skills. *si.. more..

Writing