Same Love

Same Love

A Poem by punkrockgirl555
"

I was listening to "Same Love"

"
Men and men.
Women and women.
Women and men.

America claims they're so brave, they still fear what they don't know. Straight is right, that's the belief.
Why do they get to decide who I am? The church, the politicians? 
I'm sorry I can't change, I stick to who I am. 
There's people who'd rather die than be who they are. 

They stick to the book. The one written 35000 years ago, the one that said God loves his children. 
If they stick to it, why do they change it so often? God loves his children, but yeah, if you're gay, you're gone.
Would you rather be gay or alone? 
Damn right I support the gays, it's not a choice, it's from the heart. It happens, yeah, but why is it easier on the girls and not the boys? 

Yeah, it's not gonna' change, there'll still people raised the same like before the new age. 
The haters, the politicians, the preachers, the church, they'll forever say "no matter what, it's bad to be gay."
I bet if it wasn't for people like the Freedom Riders, and things like the end of the Holocaust, different being bad would still be shoved into the minds of America. 
Can you change who you are? Yeah, I thought so. Wasn't gay bad a few years back? Don't act like you don't know. 

Have you heard what we call each other these days? "Damn, you're gay" is said daily. 
America doesn't treat us fairly. The holy water they drench you in and the words they hammer into your head is supposed to "cure" you. It's supposed to make you straight. I'm sorry, I can't change, even if I wanted to. 

It's the same hate causing wars and shootings. White to black. Jews to Catholics. Gay to straight. Judgments like that killed Anne Frank to Travyon Martin. The children crying. The different hiding.
This is the America. Supposed to be the land of the free.
Yet, until someone dies or goes missing. America doesn't care.

America just won't listen.  

© 2013 punkrockgirl555


Author's Note

punkrockgirl555
They can't change. Back off.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on July 23, 2013
Last Updated on July 23, 2013
Tags: Same Love, Songfic, Songpoem, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual.

Author

punkrockgirl555
punkrockgirl555

Nassau, New Proviedence, Bahamas



About
i'm only 13 , but i write a ton of stories and a lot of people say i'm descriptive and creative when it come to writing, though my parents think i should spend more time perserving my art skills. *si.. more..

Writing