Letter One

Letter One

A Chapter by Quinn W

Dear New Girl,
My name is Jessamine, but most people called me Jessie. Yes, I did just write 'called.' I'm dead. I'm a ghost and I live here with you. I know a ghost isn't an ideal roommate, but I promise that I never leave my clothes or food wrappers lying around. I'm sure we'll get along just fine. 
I was born in the hospital just down the road from here. Sadly, my mother passed away while giving birth to me so I never got to meet her. Sometimes I wonder if the saying really is true. "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all." My father raised me in this house. I grew up in this bedroom, playing dolls, having sleepovers with friends, dancing to my vinyl. Do you know what that is? Does anyone use vinyl anymore? I took my first steps in the hallway connecting this room to the others in the house. I had my first birthday party in the kitchen downstairs. Please paint over that horrendous blue wall. My father never would. This house means a lot to me so please take care of it. 
I have to tell you how I died in order to move on and into the proper afterlife. It isn't a pretty story so I understand if you don't want to hear it. Clara, the last girl that lived here didn't. That's my warning for you, New Girl.
Please write back,
J


© 2018 Quinn W


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on February 25, 2018
Last Updated on February 25, 2018


Author

Quinn W
Quinn W

SC



About
I have always enjoyed reading. It has taught me many things others just can't explain to you. It has also fueled my love of writing. I love writing short stories, they're my creative outlet, Mom would.. more..

Writing
Worthy Worthy

A Poem by Quinn W