Letter Three

Letter Three

A Chapter by Quinn W

Dear Haley,
I awoke the morning of April 7,1987 and quickly showered, dressed, and ate breakfast with my father. We left at the same time. I went to school and he went to work. I walked to school side by side with my best friend, Beth. She told me there was a party going on that night and that it was only for Juniors and Seniors. I had already rejected her invitations to other parties that year but the school year was coming to a close and I promised her I'd go to at least one. So, I agreed, but only if my father allowed me to go. She scoffed at the last remark. We soon came to the school parking lot and parted ways to go to first period. 
Beth had French club after school so I walked home alone. I felt odd, not having her next to me to talk to on my way home, but I wasn't alone for long. A boy with long brown hair swept to the side stopped in front of me. He was wearing a red shirt and a jean jacket. I remember it being strange that he was wearing a jean jacket on a warm Spring day. He asked me if I was going to the Jameson party that night and I told him I was planning to. He smiled, saying he was going as well. Oh, his smile. I thought I might faint on the spot. A car rolled up with a few more boys in it and he said goodbye to me and left with them. 
I walked the rest of the way home by myself and waited until my dad got home. Around six, his car pulled up our driveway and I met him at the door. I asked him if I could go to the party. He thought about it for a few minutes and then agreed, making me promise to be home by eleven. 
I ran back up to my room and threw everything out of my closet. I pulled out a black, knee-length dress and silver sandals. I put some powder on my cheeks and forehead and left at eight for Beth's house. On our way to the party, she told me all about the drama between two girls in French club. There were only a few cars when we arrived to the field. 
The same boy I had met on my way home approached me and Beth. He told us that we were early and most people wouldn't arrive until nine or ten. He also formally introduced himself as Jake Peterson, apologizing that he hadn't before. More and more people flocked to the field in the next two hours. I danced with Beth and we drank Coca-Cola. Eventually she wanted to dance with James Kelgren, a boy she'd had her eye on since eighth grade. They seemed to hit it off. 
While she danced with James, I went to find Jake. I found him by himself, sitting on a rock. I sat beside him and said "Nice rock you've chosen." He gave me that beautiful smile again asked if I wanted to see another one. A cooler one. He said it was nine feet tall and fun to climb. He held out his hand and I took it, blindly following him into the nearby woods. He said it wasn't far but after about twenty minutes of walking, I got tired. 
He snapped at me and grabbed my arm tight. I tried to pull away and he let me go. He apologized and said it really wasn't too much further. Then, he smiled again. Suddenly, his smile didn't charm me anymore. It frightened me. I told him I had to by eleven and it was probably getting close to it. I saw him glance at his watch. It read 10:45 but he said we still had an hour. He grabbed my hand again and led me deeper into the woods. I remember my heart racing as I though of ways to get away from him. Eventually we stopped at a small clearing. The grass was high and I could hear owls in the nearby trees. 
He turned me toward him and told me I was pretty. He complimented me over and over. His hands slid down my back and arms as he described my long lashes and blue eyes. When he smiled again, I started to cry. He wiped the tears from my eyes as I asked him where the rock was. He bent down on the ground and picked up a rock the size of his hand smiled again. I tried to run but he grabbed me before i could get away. He hit me over and over. It hurt so bad but I eventually blacked out.
J


© 2018 Quinn W


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on March 4, 2018
Last Updated on March 4, 2018


Author

Quinn W
Quinn W

SC



About
I have always enjoyed reading. It has taught me many things others just can't explain to you. It has also fueled my love of writing. I love writing short stories, they're my creative outlet, Mom would.. more..

Writing
Worthy Worthy

A Poem by Quinn W