Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by ranma187

Prologue

 Mosh was standing outside his house in his backyard smoking a cigarette. He took a puff of his smoke which he only remembered lighting seconds ago. He looked down at it and saw that somehow the entire smoke was already down to it's butt end. He looked around the yard. No one was there. He hated the usual routine of of walking all the way inside his house just to throw the butt into the garbage can. He didn't like stuffing the butts into his coat pockets, if he did that he would collect only a pocket full off butts over time which made his jacket stink. He couldn't throw it on the lawn because once his dad, his brother, or his bother's girlfriend saw enough butts on the ground he would have the chore of picking them all up.

 Just this once... He thought to himself and walked to the edge of the back fence where the alleyway was. He looked again at his surroundings and saw that no one was there. He tossed his butt far down the alleyway. Happy with himself he lit another smoke and turned around. A dog he recognized waddled up to him with it's tongue hanging out of it's mouth. It was panting and had a funny face almost resembling a happy but silly grin which made the dog seem both dumb and innocent. The dog was a golden a retriever and far too big for it's size.

 "This dog reminds me of..." Mosh said as he began patting the dog on it's sides, to which it rubbed up against mosh and wagged it's tail with such force that it's whole body seemed to shake from side to side. Mosh put his arm around the dog's neck, knelt beside it, and pried open his jaw. He inspected the dogs fangs inside the drool filled mouth. He recognized the chipped front fang.

 "No... it can't be," Mosh said to himself. He double checked the dogs face again and looked into it's eyes. "Wilson!" Mosh exclaimed. The dog wagged his tail again and bobbed it's head up and down in enjoyment.

 Mosh thought it was impossible that his childhood dog could be there with him in his backyard. Mosh lived in Alberta Canada, and he hadn't seen his dog Wilson since over a decade ago in British Columbia. The dog would have been long dead by now by at least five years. And even if it were still alive there would be no way that a dog could track him across a province over hundreds of kilometers. Mosh pondered this impossibility. He didn't even notice that his smoke had just vanished into thin air.

 He sat a while and patted the dog and stroked it's fur. Then he scratched it's belly until it reflex kicked in the air. While all the time reminiscing in his memory of his dog Wilson. The dog that would roll on a dead fish by the riverside and then run to everyone happily expecting to be pet by everyone. The dog that could catch a mouse or a bird in it's paws, chew on it, paw at it and then roll over on it. Wash rinse and repeat that until long after the rodent was dead. The dog that tried to chase snowballs that only vanished. The dog that almost one every dog fight it ever had. The dog that would wander into the bush and scrap a wild animal without fear. But most of all Wilson was the most affectionate dog he had ever known. If only... If only he had never run away...

 Mosh lost his train of thought when two other dogs entered he yard. A black lab, and a shaggy dog. These dogs he never knew from waking life. But he knew them somehow. They greeted Mosh like he was their owner. They fought one another playfully for his attention. Mosh being careful to give equal attention to each dog, patted and played with them for a few seconds. Then he looked left.

 There, on the ground was a pretty woman laying on her back. She had long black hair with a blue ribbon in the back. She was dressed casually with a bit of pink. Her eyes were closed as if unconscious. Maybe she had fallen asleep there? Mosh leaned over her. How did a pretty girl like that wind up in my yard just like that?  he thought to himself. He felt her hands on his face. She wasn't asleep at all. She opened her eyes. They seemed familiar to Mosh.

 "You are the sweetest man I have ever met." She said to him and called him by his name. Her voice sounded nasally but sweet, also familiar. He was perplexed. Who was this woman? But Mosh didn't care who. She pulled him down and kissed him. For a while he just stayed there making out with her. This kissing felt really strange. It was almost as if his mouth was inside hers. it was a really strange sensation. It was nothing like kissing Mel, or Linda. He didn't care either about how strange it felt. It seemed natural to him. He kept going. It didn't even seem odd to him that everything was going black around him.

 ***

 Mosh woke up in his bed. Right away he remembered he had a dream of dogs and kissing a woman. That woman... Was it Asuka? He didn't remember her face that much. He remembered the sensation of kissing her most of all. He knew it must be her. He smiled to himself. A week after his dream wedding with Asuka, which he didn't remember much of. He was finally able to remember something really sweet and nice about her. He eagerly laid his head down on the pillow once more, expecting himself to remember more vivid dreams. It was his last night in this house anyway, tomorrow he would be moving to the next town over. He didn't think about that much more because he fell asleep.


© 2011 ranma187


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on October 18, 2011
Last Updated on October 18, 2011