Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Ravyn-Ann
"

The search for Gabby.

"

 

    Darkness is all that I can see. Am I buried again? Arms extend out to feel the coffin around me. I'm trapped. Fear swirls inside my stomach. All I can imagine is being free and satisfying this dire need for something I can't explain. It's a hunger unlike any other. There is no stomach growl to give you a clue, but a intense pain in your throat. It's closing up and shriveling like an old fruit. Throat clenched so tight i feels like it will disspaear into nothing. I need to end the suffering, I need...I need... BLOOD! Nails craped wood as slowly my mind and reasonable thinking dissolves.Only a single image remains. Blood running ina vein and into my mouth. Silently screaming I flail about in this coffin surely going to die.

    With a scream I sat up. Hair matted with sweat clung to my forhead. It was a nightmare, a familiar one at that. For nights I have been haunted with dream. I always assumed it was a warning about Khalil. After last night I thought thathad to be the case considering I didend up in a coffin. The dream ceased to stop however,and this time it was different. I knew what I wanted. I wanted blood. The very thing that causes mere humans and vampires to be different.

    I was not either. I was not a ordinary human, but I was not a vampire. Somewhere in between was the life I lead. Vampires crave the blood of humans, need it to survive. The Hunters did not need blood of humans, but of vampires. We had no cravings but we could successfuly digest it to enhance our abilities so we can hunt them. Vampires are monsters that have adapted far beyond what mother nature can control. Without Hunters vampires would feed upon the entire world, killing innocents. A Hunter like myself had to be careful though. Too much blood can be destructive. Through the inatke of Vampire blood humans can become like them. Replace the old mortal blood with the Vampiric blood and you have new born Vampire. Hunters can avoid transformation but only with limited amounts. Too much can change them into a monster they fight to detroy.

    I am the last Hunter in the Marshall clan. I did not want to destroy my line forever. I have only consumed one Vampires blood and that was Khalil's creator.He gave me great power, but I was starting to weaken. I could feel it. My bones almost creaked and my muscles ached as if they've been abandoned for years. No matter the weakness I could feel overpowering me I will not feed unless my life depends on it. I don't want to lose my humanity and ashame the Marshall clan. I had to defeat this last enemy but I couldn't do it alone. Maybe Givonnis tribe could be a valuable asset, and Carl... no. He was a friend, and I'm sure he would want to help but he is a mere mortal while Giovanni was not. Just being in his presence I could sense an immortal aura about him.

    "Hey Crow, you awake? Its almost the afternoon."

    I pushed aside all stray thoughts as I responded, "Yeah I'm up! Be right out!"

    "Don't keep us waiting or we'll leave without you."

     I heard his footsteps fade in the distance as he walked downstairs. With a leap I jumped out of bed, searching through the clothes Carl brought in for me last night. They were all his aunts that she had saved up for Cynthia for when she grew up. Of course, that never happened. It was kind of him to let me wear something meant for his sister. I almost felt guilty but it would be rude to turn down such a gracious gift.

     Sorting through the clothesI found a black tank top with spaghetti straps made of silk. I paired it with a nice set of dark blue jeans that were a tad tight but still fit as easy as anything else. With a quick brush of my hair I threw the mass of it behind my ears and left Cynthia'sroom.No matter how many nights I stay there it will always be hers. I knew that and I wasn't going to argue that concept.

    I skipped down the stairs into the living room where Giovanni and Carl satwaiting. Carl had a mug of coffee while I could see Giovanni had one set in front of him but steam was still spewing fron the very top indicating it had yet to been sipped. Taking that as a sign of disinterest in the beverage I gently picked it up and took the first sip.

    "Crow!" Carl exclaimed.

    "No, it is of no problem. I was just going to leave it to go cold. I do not lkike coffee."

    Silently I drank the coffee but I gave a look to Carl similiar to the "I told you so." He simply shook his head and stood up. "So, are we all ready to begin our investigation?"

    "I am ready to find my daughter."

    "Alright," Carl started, "When did Gabby first go missing?"

 

To be continued later



© 2011 Ravyn-Ann


Author's Note

Ravyn-Ann
Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on December 23, 2011
Last Updated on December 23, 2011


Author

Ravyn-Ann
Ravyn-Ann

Denton, TX



About
My name is Ravyn-Ann. I am a senior in High School who is still trying to figure out what to do in life. The one thing I am sure about is that I hope to achieve a creative writing degree. Ever since I.. more..

Writing
My Heart My Heart

A Poem by Ravyn-Ann