The Jenkin Family

The Jenkin Family

A Chapter by Pokey

The Jenkin family was not noble, or very wealthy. They were not known for their strength, wisdom, or genorosity. If they had to be known for something, everyone in the small town of Ikonom would agree that they were known for craziness. Each genration had one crazy person, always one person who ended up doing horrible things and dieing a horrible death.

Like Miss Amber Jenkin, who would have all the head off her hair, and anyone else she could grab, and make the hair into ropes. Or Doug Von Jenkin, who had a strange obssession with eyeballs. He killed nine people after taking out their eyes before he was caught and sent to jail. Two weeks after being imprisoned, he was found dead after trying to take out his own eyes. Lucy Jenkin, everyone can agree she was the worst mother in history, becuase she would eat her infant when they reached six months old. Out of the twenty children she had, only three survived. yes, the Jenkin family is filled with stories of crazy people. But this story is about the first girl who wasn't just crazy. She had a gift, a talent, that no one else before her had. Later on is was commonly seen but she has the first. Her craziness wasn't centered around her, but also another force.

 

When Lil Emiko was born, everyone in the family was happy. They were sure she would not be crazy, and she was so beatiful. Her mother, who pulled all her teeth and some of the families out, was the crazy one. Her mother did love little Emiko, even if she really wanted her daughters teeth to grow so she could pull it out.

Emiko grew up beatiful, she had large eyes and long, wavy black hair that went against her pale skin. She would play with her friends and her younger brother. She has loved by her family, and was pampered. She had a strange hobby, no one thought anything of it, and it was spiders. She didn't kill them, or scream like other girls did. She loved them, their silky webs, thin legs, and the grace to move with the wind. The spiders, oddly enough, didn't mind her. Daddy long legs were her favorite as a child, and she would giggle when the tickled her with their long legs.

It was at fifteen, that the family noticed something was wrong. Her mother was dying and had arranged a marrige between her and a wealthy boy. Emiko will never forget her last conversation with her mother. She kneeled next to her mother, where she was dying in bed. "Sweet Emiko..." she whispered. "Dear Emiko, I know you are not happy with this arranged marriage, but before I die, I must be sure you will be fine."

"I don't even know him!" Emiko said. She was trying to convicne the family to cancel the marriage with little success. "I know, my sweet daughter...but he will be able to take care of you. You need to live well and strong! Stronger then I am...please marry him for my sake darling." Her mother smiled faintly. Emiko burst in tears, "For you? You, who had always tried to pull my teeth out? You who lay here dying, leaving me behind, and want me to marry a man who doesn't even know me? No, mother, I won't marry him. I would rather die!" Emiko left the room in anger, barly hearing, or caring, the words her mother cried to her, "Don't be foolish ungratful child!"

 

Her mother died, bu Emiko didn't attened the funeral. She hated that her mother died, leaving her to marry a man she didn't know. As she wept in her room, her spiders came to her side. "Emi....Emi! Don't cry Emi!" whispered their tiny voices. Emiko, too upset about her mohters death wasn't alarmed that they were talking. "Emi! Stop crying...please stop crying." Emiko sniffed and smiled, admiring all the little spides who crawled around her. "Emi...don't worry about your husband..." The voice was differnt. It was from a bigger spider, a black widow, who crawled over Emiko's face. "Men can be fun, and when you're done, you can eat him. Men are yummy. You can marry him and take his wealth and use him for your pleasure, and eat him when your done." The Widow whispered, crawling down to her hands. "Eat...him...." Emiko whispered. She nodded, and that was the start of Emikos crazziness.



© 2010 Pokey


Author's Note

Pokey
Grammer and spelling are going to be bad. My computer doesn't do spellcheck for some reason.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on May 11, 2010
Last Updated on May 11, 2010


Author

Pokey
Pokey

You know...that one place



About
I am a crazy person...I think. I do art and I like to write. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Poem by Pokey