July

July

A Chapter by Fay Adora

July 21st, 2043

 

                Eve’s been telling me to write more. So here I am, I guess. I’ve started calling her Eve now. Miss Eve just felt too formal. We've been meeting for about a year. I think I’ve made it through the hardest part so I feel like it is safe to write again. What I mean is, well, I guess when I was going through everything I just didn’t want to write about it, because one day I might go back through my things and I don’t really want to remember that part of my life. I still meet with Eve, but not every week like I use to.

 Summer went by really fast. Kaiya and I took a trip to Miami. Since we are finally out of high school, we thought it’d be fun to take a trip on our own. I appreciated just being with Kaiya since we don’t get to see each other much anymore. We only stayed in Miami for two days but it was amazing. Especially when we got locked out of our motel and spent the night in the car. It was somewhat terrifying but awesome.

                I’m anxious about this approaching month. I know nearly everything is going to change and that they are meant to. The unknown just worries me a little. Kaiya and I promised we would visit each other since we are going to different schools. We’ll both be busy I’m sure, but we’ll find a way. When you’ve been best friends with someone since you were ten… you find a dang way. When it comes to my other friend well I haven’t heard from Sara in a while. Maybe I should text her. I think she left with her parents this summer. Everyone feels really distant right now, and I think I know why. When everything happened last year I think it freaked some people out. It’s not all their fault. I pushed them away so they wouldn’t feel bad for separating from me. I hate it when people feel bad. It’s okay though, we’ve all been busy anyways.

                I think I’ll start looking for a job. Perhaps, I can get one of those airport jobs. The one that include cleaning off the machines that give tickets. My mom tells me of the days where people used to go up to other people and buy their tickets. I think that would be so awkward. It’s a lot easier to just use a touch screen. However, someone still has to be there to make sure things stay clean and I think I’ll start applying. I could start saving money to go somewhere. To just go and start something new. I guess that is what this will be. My fresh start. At least until I can afford to go somewhere else. College doesn't feel new though.

I'm not sure what I'm doing right now. I'm just sitting in my cloud chair and writing this to you. I do hope you read this. I can't promise you money, or that you'll be famous. I can promise to keep going, and that in the end it will be worth it.

That’s what they tell me.

 

 

-Fay



© 2015 Fay Adora


Author's Note

Fay Adora
Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on March 1, 2015
Last Updated on March 1, 2015
Tags: future, college, fay, july, letter, diary, start


Author

Fay Adora
Fay Adora

About
I'm writing a little something.. more..

Writing
August August

A Chapter by Fay Adora


September September

A Chapter by Fay Adora