Welcome to the fights

Welcome to the fights

A Chapter by redrumdog31

Pain, loneliness, rejection. Those are the few words that describe us kids here. We currently reside in what we call The 'Freak' Fights. A bunch of kids, like me, are either runaways or were orphans on the street. Only a few of us were actually sold into the fights by parents that didn't want them. As for myself, a runaway. I ran from what I use to call home. My parent hated me, their only son. I would get beat every day either by my 'father' or my 'step-mother'. I had made the mistake of telling them in the first place. I couldn't help it though. I was scared at the time; I didn't know what to do or what they would do to me.

 

"Oi, Ghost! You have a fight tonight!" One of the guards said as he came to my cell.

 

"Huh? Oh ok." I replied quietly, but loud enough for him to hear though. Here in the 'fights' we're each given a nickname based on our fights and what our abilities were. I had been given the nickname of Ghost by Boss-man himself. It was when he came to see me in my tenth fight. I was undefeated against my opponents. The only reason why is I have the ability to become ghost-like. Hence the nickname 'Ghost'. I hated my abilities before I came to this damned place but I realize that I needed them to help me win here. It's about life or death here. Either you win your matches or starve for weeks and are tortured even more.

 

"Ghost!!" I was pulled out of my thoughts when the guard called my name. I just gave him one of my faces that said 'What do you want?' "Grr. Don't give me that look. Go and get ready for your match I'll be back in an hour."

 

"An hour? What time is it?" I questioned. It's hard to tell what time of day it is or what the day is. In here time will lose you if you don't keep track of it. I know I have. I didn't know how long I've been here. Whether it's been months or years. I at least know I've been here for five years. I've been keeping track of all the fights I've been through.

 

"Do you really want to know what the time is? Or are you just trying to screw with me?" The guard narrowed his eyes at me as if he was trying to read me. It would be hard to read me for I was closed tight as a locked cook protecting his secret recipes. When he realized that I was serious the guard sighed, "Your fight is at 6 o'clock pm it is know 5:08." He stated as he looked at his watch.

 

"What day is it?" I asked quietly knowing full well of what that answer would be, but I asked anyways.

 

"You know I cannot answer that question Ghost. Now get ready I'll be back." And with that he left closing my cell door behind him. Sighing I laid back down on my bed staring at the ceiling wondering what it would be like if I could just escape this place. I just laid there ready to fight yet again for my life. I never liked fighting but it's the only way to survive here. Over the years I have gained many enemies because of how I fought. They all thought I was cheating, when in reality it was the only what to fight here. You have to use your abilities or face the punishment from the Boss-man or one of his lackeys. I really hate it here.



© 2011 redrumdog31


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on September 19, 2011
Last Updated on September 19, 2011


Author

redrumdog31
redrumdog31

Kailua-Kona, HI



About
Hi my name is Kelsey but friends call me Fred. I'm a laid back kind of person that love the occaional adrenaline rush. Right now I'm taking culinary and will become an awesome chef in the future. O.. more..

Writing
The Interview The Interview

A Chapter by redrumdog31