Memories part 1

Memories part 1

A Chapter by redrumdog31

"Mama? Are you in here?" I shouted throughout the quiet house. "Mama? Mama!? MAMA!!" I screamed at what I saw before my eyes. It was my mother. My biological mother, the one I truly love, was there face down in the middle of the kitchen on the floor. I ran over to her screaming out 'Mama!' in hopes she would get up from the floor and tell me that everything going to be alright. "Mama! Please get up! Mama!" Sobs erupted from within me crying out for my mother.

 

It's been hours of me sobbing of the floor next to a lifeless mother. I was still too young to understand why she did what she had done. The police came over because the neighbors could hear me sobbing loudly and they were worried about me.

 

"Son." An officer walked up to me. He had a gruff voice, but it had kindness in it. "Are you alright? Can you tell me what happened here?" He may have been nice, but I just couldn't bring myself to tell him anything about what just happened. So all I did was stay silent and cry softly to myself.

 

"Kid? You OK?" Another officer came over. "Chief, the reporters outside want to speak with you about what happened here."

 

"Alright, stay here with the kid then." Chief stood up and left leaving me with the officer.

Time went by and it just grew awkward between the two of us. I stayed silent and he shifted his weight from one foot to the other. Soon the front door busted open to revel...

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Ghost! Wake up it's time." The guard walked into my room. Sighing again I rose from my slumber and walked out of my room. We walked along the corridors towards the cage where the fight will take place.

 

"Who will I be fighting this time?" I asked the guard as we walked.

 

He just scoffed at me. "Why do you care who you fight Ghost? You win every time you know."

 

"Je sais. Je sais." I replied without thinking. When I was growing up my mother spoke to me in French everyday. So it became my second official language that I can speak among the other six that I know.

 

"Grr. I thought I told you to never speak in that language ever again!" The guard growled at me.

 

"Gomen nasai." I whispered.

 

"Whatever. We're here." I looked up and saw we were at a door that leads to the cage where the fight will take place. We were never told who we will be up against until we actually get there. It's only to keep the fights fair and to prevent either fighter from running before the fight even starts. Also we never know when we will be fighting either so we can't fake being sick to get out of fighting.

 

I walked through the door and into the cage at the same time as my opponent. I saw who I was up against. Shadow. We are equally matched in skills as fighters and our abilities are almost the same. We've been rivals since our first match. It was him when I realized that I wan't strong enough to beat him.

 

"Well well well. If it isn't Ghost. You ready to finish what we started?" Shadow spoke in a voice that made my skin crawl. He was the only person that can make me shake where I stood, but I wouldn't allow him to see that.

 

"I think the real question is are you ready for defeat?" I sneered at him in response. He just laughed at me as I entered the cage. I heard the door click behind me and the announcer's voice came booming out over the noisy crowd.

 

"Ladies and gentlemen!! Tonight we have a special fight our two top competitors will fight till one either dies or passes out!!  Introducing first: fighting in the blue corner this man is a Brazlilian Jujitsu fighter.  He stands 5-feet 6-inches and weighs in at 120 pounds.  He Holds a professional mixed martial arts record of 20 wins and 2 losses, with 10 wins by knockouts.  Fighting out of Cell block B: Shadow!

 

"Introducing second: fighting in the red corner this man is a Dragon Kung Fu Fighter. He stands at 5-feet 3-inches tall weighing in at 110 pounds.  He holds a professional mixed martial arts record of 25 wins and 2 losses, with 20 wins by knockouts.  Fighting out of Cell block A: Ghost!" The crowd cheered they always looked forward to our fights between Shadow and myself. It was because we have the longest fights ever. They can last for hours if we had the chance of fighting non stop, but there is a time limit to these fights. We can fight up to 3 hours and let them call it a tie if we're both still standing.

 

"Ready to go down where you belong? Ghost!"

 

"Only if you're coming along for the ride."

 

"Fighters are you ready!" We both nodded. "FIGHT!!"



© 2011 redrumdog31


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on September 23, 2011
Last Updated on September 23, 2011


Author

redrumdog31
redrumdog31

Kailua-Kona, HI



About
Hi my name is Kelsey but friends call me Fred. I'm a laid back kind of person that love the occaional adrenaline rush. Right now I'm taking culinary and will become an awesome chef in the future. O.. more..

Writing
The Interview The Interview

A Chapter by redrumdog31