The Interview

The Interview

A Chapter by redrumdog31

I could never remember how I came to be in this place. On the other hand it never accrud to me that this was just a dream. This life I lived never really took place. The awards, the fame, and the love I experienced, it wasn’t real.

 

It all started a week ago, or so I think. I’m not sure when all of this happened. As I was saying, I went in to my therapist since I’ve been having these nightmares of different things. I told her that the nightmares were affecting how I was living. I wasn’t getting enough sleep, all ways tired, couldn’t function properly, and was starting to gain weird phobias too. So she suggested an experimental project that some scientists were conducting and they needed subjects for this test. The experiment was a cure for phobias and nightmares. Strange I know, but they would pay the subject $14,000.

 

The next week I went to the address that my therapist gave me for an interview to see if we are qualified for the experiment or not. The room where the interview took place was simple. A table in the middle, two chairs, a camera facing one chair, and a window that over looked the city. There was a man in a chair that sat next to the camera. He looked about 50 and had a lab coat on.

 

“Come in and take a seat if you please.” He said in a deep voice that filled the room. Taking a seat in front of him camera facing me he simply said. “What I’m going to do is ask a few simple questions and you just answer them. And within a week we’ll call you to see if you’ll be able to continue with the experiment or not. Understand?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Good. Now what is your name and age?”

 

“----- -----, age 29.”

 

“What drew you to this experiment?”

 

“My therapist told me about it.  She said it would help me with my nightmares and phobias.”

 

“Interesting.  What do you hope to get out of this?”

 

“I hope my nightmares and phobias would be gone.”

 

“OK now what are you phobias?

 

“Well I have a phobia of sleeping, dreams, being happy, sex, chickens, clowns, driving,

rodeos, butterflies, moose, and cats."

 

"Good, good we can work with that. Now do you have any mental illness in your family history?

 

"Not that I know of."

 

"Good and last question. Have you ever participated in a science experiment before?"

 

"No I have not."

 

"Okay. This is good information we'll be contacting you in a few weeks to tell you what we decide if you will be going to participate or not." The scientist spoke as he jotted down additional information to the clipboard.

 

"Thank you sir." I said standing up shaking his hand. Turning around I headed out of the building and to work.



© 2011 redrumdog31


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i notice some grammar errors just run it through a word program and it should get fixed right up

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Added on July 25, 2011
Last Updated on September 19, 2011


Author

redrumdog31
redrumdog31

Kailua-Kona, HI



About
Hi my name is Kelsey but friends call me Fred. I'm a laid back kind of person that love the occaional adrenaline rush. Right now I'm taking culinary and will become an awesome chef in the future. O.. more..

Writing