Safeway Institution

Safeway Institution

A Chapter by redrumdog31

3 o'clock rolled around and I had arrived at the institution that the doctor had given me direction. Safeway Institution was well it looked like a rundown hospital. Confused I looked at the address again to see if I had gotten it right. Sure enough I had taken the wrong way again.

 

"F**K! I hate directions!" I yelled out in frustration turning around I made my way back up the road.

 

A few minutes went by and I eventually found my way to the building. It looked much better than that other building that I was at.

 

"FINALLY!!" I shouted earning looks from strangers that were in front of the buliding as well. They all looked sleep deprived just like I did. If they had dreams like I do then I don't blame them for being here.

 

A few minutes later, after my outburst, everyone in front of the building started talking to themselves again. I looked at the people around me and saw blank stares on all of them, hair neatly messy, and dark circles under their eyes. As I was making my observations I didn't even notice the front doors open till everyone started walking past me and into the building.

 

"Welcome to the Safeway Institution. If you are here for the Dream Experiment then please follow the yellow line on the floor. It will lead you to an auditorium where you will be briefed on the experiment itself and then we will seperate you into two groups." A voice that sounded more like a recording than an actual person. We followed the instructions that were given to us and entered into this small auditorium that could seat about 50 people in it at once. The interior of the room was a dull gray floor with white walls and the chairs looked like they were bolted to the floor. I shuddered at the sight for it reminded me of another dream that I had about a mental hospital. Taking a seat with everyone else I could see a man standing in the front of the room. It was the same man that I had the interview with.

 

"Please take a seat and we'll start shortly." He announced in the same deep voice he had in the interview.

 

Once everyone settled down in their seats the man in the lab coat walked up to a podium and spoke, “Welcome and thank you for volunteering for this study. Now before we begin lets lay down some ground rules here. If anyone breaks any of these rules the experiment will be terminated and no one will be paid. Now onto the rules: rule number one, there will be no contact with the outside world. Rule two, there will be no outside world goods with you. Rule three, everyone must take any and all drug that we give you. And finally if anyone wants to quit then they must do it now because once we start you must see it through no matter what. Are there any questions that needs to be answered please ask them now.”

No one said a word as we all just nodded in understanding.

 

“Good now if I call out your name please stand and remain standing when I finish.”

 

I waited in patience for my name to be called once they did I was told to follow a red line that lead to a room and I was to wait for further instructions.



© 2011 redrumdog31


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on September 6, 2011
Last Updated on September 6, 2011


Author

redrumdog31
redrumdog31

Kailua-Kona, HI



About
Hi my name is Kelsey but friends call me Fred. I'm a laid back kind of person that love the occaional adrenaline rush. Right now I'm taking culinary and will become an awesome chef in the future. O.. more..

Writing