Chapter 4 - Fun In The Sun (Previously entitled 'Off The Cretan Track' ) Edited and extra chapters.

Chapter 4 - Fun In The Sun (Previously entitled 'Off The Cretan Track' ) Edited and extra chapters.

A Chapter by Repgreece
"

Nick's misunderstanding

"

When Sal returned to the desk half an hour later, she was relieved to see that the first coach must have been organized as it was pulling out of the coach park.

"Were all the correct guests on board?" she asked Nick.

"Yep," he smiled. "We're just waiting for a couple more for the other two coaches now but I have a feeling that they may have got taxis. I have a rep searching the arrivals area now for any lost looking people, but if there appears to be no more left then I think that we should let the coaches go."

"Yes, the guests have waited long enough now," she agreed. "Thanks for that."

"No problem. Departures all sorted out?" he asked.

"Yep, they have all gone through passport control now so I'm almost done here," she said with relief.

Finally, the rep returned from inside the airport shaking her head. "There's no one left from the Manchester flight in there," she informed Sal.

"Okay, you can go to your coach now then and tell the other reps they can go too."

"Great, see you next Tuesday Sal. Bye," the rep said, running across the coach park.

"Come on," Sal said, turning to Nick, "since you did help me out, I'll save you the monotony of a transfer coach ride and give you a lift back in my car."

"Ooh, you have a car now, very posh," he teased, watching her pack away the forms and files.

"It's not posh at all, it's just Bobby. But I'm considering trading him in," she said, jumping with a squeal and dropping the papers in her hands when someone tapped her on the shoulder from behind.

"Err, sorry but which coach should I go on?" Freeda asked meekly.

"Oh hell!" Sal exclaimed, running towards the last coach which was backing out of it's parking space.

She managed to get the attention of the irritable coach driver who reluctantly stopped and opened the passenger door so that she could talk to the rep in the guide's seat.

"Sorry sweet but could you take Freeda on your coach and show her the ropes?" she asked the rep.

The girl groaned but nodded and Sal turned to gesture Freeda over to the coach, however at that point Freeda's attention was well and truly glued to Nick. She stood staring dreamily at him as he picked up the fallen papers from the desk and placed them back in the files. Sal chuckled and yelled loudly across the coach park.

"Earth calling Freeda, your coach is about to go!"

A startled Freeda swung around and hesitated briefly before heading in Sal's direction when she urged her to make haste. Sal waved the coach off and returned to Nick, giggling to herself at the way Freeda had been gazing at him.

"Are we finally ready to go?" Nick asked as Sal reached the desk again. "I need a shower and change of clothes and then I'm hitting the bars," he said, handing Sal the files.

"Yep, let's go. Where are you staying by the way?" she asked, as they headed towards her car in the car park behind the coaches.

"Well, you know how we are best friends and all..." he began.

"Oh no, we aren't that good friends, you can't stay with me Nicholas," she said firmly.

"Why, would you find it hard to keep your hands off me, Sal?" he joked.

They reached the car and she opened the door, leaning her arms on the edge of the window to talk to him before they got in.

He then realized with surprise that she hadn't answered his last question and now she was contemplating him, her eyes flitting around his face, almost like they were... flirting with him?

"Want to know a secret?" she asked mysteriously.

He looked interested. "Yeah, go on."

"Well..." she began, making him wait. "someone here today has a secret crush on you."

His eyes widened and his heart began to race as he watched a slow smile spread across her face.

Wow, she never failed to surprise him! Would she admit it there and then?

"Has this person had this said crush for a while then?" he asked, feeling his pulse racing.

She shook her head. "No, I think realization just hit her today."

"Oh." He wasn't expecting that. Still, it didn't really matter, as long as she realized how she felt now.

"So you be nice to Freeda, eh Nick, and don't let on that I told you anything," she giggled, sliding into the driver's seat and leaving Nick staring after her with a disappointed frown.

Not exactly what he'd been hoping for. The little minx.




© 2020 Repgreece


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
Added on July 1, 2020
Last Updated on July 15, 2020
Tags: romance, love, fun, friends, summer, beach, travel, vacation, holiday