how i have become a better writer.

how i have become a better writer.

A Story by cesar

Thanks to the enforcement of my writing class I have gained the strenght that I had completely lost thanks to my forced two year absence from school. My strenghts in writing is storytelling with fictional characters and dialogue. I feel that genuine dialogue is the strenght to a good story. Thanks to this class I have also enjoyed writing in many kinds of tones and dialogues. The strenghts of my writing have returned for the past half of the semester. My weaknesses in writing is too much detail. In my opinion I believe that too much detail can ruin a story because like I mentioned a while ago, an important piece of a story is a dialogue.

 

Improvements have been noted during this semester in the sense that I have developed a voice.  When starting the semester my writing was vague and without a voice but now I feel that my writing has gained a voice of its own and it speaks my name when it is being read. I have felt that I have mastered most of the steps in the writing process such as including vivid diction and I have also felt that I can write cohesive papers with a strong beginning and a closing. Tone, purpose, voice and audience are very important because without them your writing is vague and it doesn't have any significance at all, but when writing with a tone and purpose you are being understood. As for writing styles, I have felt that the narrative piece is easier for me because of my ability in telling a story. I can effectively move from oral to written communication and explain my piece. This class has really helped me discover myself and I thank my instructor for that.

 

 

© 2008 cesar


Author's Note

cesar
do not review this, this is only for school

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
Added on December 10, 2008

Author

cesar
cesar

North Bergen, NJ



About
The name is Cesar and I specialize mostly in writing horror stuff. Writing horror stories with a twist ending is my specialty. I got into writing at a young age and I absolutely love it. Once in a whi.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by cesar