chapter 2

chapter 2

A Chapter by Rhea752

As Mrs. Manet and I neared further and further to our destination I noticed and imposing grey building. The structure loomed over us looking menacing even from a 1/4 mile away. Shortly after I noticed the massive edifice a lean tall man donned in a strict uniform the exact same color as the building stepped right in front of us. His flushed face instantaneously glinted with intrigue it seemed to say why would 2 women be out in the middle of the beach on a scorching hot day? But of course we could ask him the same exact thing minus the 2 women part.He held his hand so that his long calloused finger were completely extended then he intoned "proof of identification and permission to enter government ground." Government....oh I was in for it. I flexed my fingers and bounced on the pads of my feet. A tightening in my stomach commenced and I felt the sudden urge to flee. Mrs . Manet handed over her I.D. and a piece of paper then glared at me disapprovingly. The message from her piercing stare clearly radiated don't you dare run. 

2 months ago 

I entered the cool stone sanctuary of the library and took a deep breath. The smell of ancient texts lingered in the air. Unfortunately as lovely as it usually would've been i was here to do research on the history of trade and commerce in the 1700's. I stepped up to the enormous library desk and slipped my pass across the counter to the librarian. Jeez what's with this school everyone who works here feels the need to create a gigantic fort out of desks as if they think we're about to attack them or something. I snorted at that thought and the librarian pursed his lips and waved me away. 

I meandered over to the dustiest section of the library knowing it would be history since almost no-one takes history anymore. History is an optional course and there are only 3 other people taking it with me and they're  all doing their projects on recent occurrences which I think defeats the purpose of the class. I mean the title of the course is and I quote "History". I like history it's just there were only 2 topics to choose from:History on Trade and Commerce in the 1700's and current events. I decided to break the tradition and do something actually historical for my final project. 

So, I'll be in the cozy haven of the library while my classmates watch E News till midnight. Fun. I started scanning the shelves sneezing occasionally until I found one that looked fairly relevant to Trade and Commerce. It was called Government Operations. Well trade and commerce is governmenty right? The book wasn't exactly a book perse it was a bunch of yellowed papers bound by bits of frayed string. I plopped down on the floor and opened it to the next page which was filled with rushed chicken scrawl handwriting. 

"In 2019 a new party was introduced into politics ,The Pangea Party." Oooookkkaayyy so not about trade but I've never heard of the Pangea Party sooooooo."They told all of America that their goals and ideals were to find a solution to every situation and create a psychological pangea. They claimed unity and togetherness was their cause. They elected Henry Clummance to run for president he received almost all of the popular and electoral votes. He was then inaugurated March 7th 2019.

Everything was chaos afterwards. Government officials marched through the streets ensuing terror by arresting and killing millions of citizens. Habeas Corpus was suspended by the president and he had the power to arrest and murder anyone whenever he saw fit. Men and women were raped and then gruesomely murdered. They pillaged towns and then burned them to the ground. In the end all that was left of America were the empty shells of corpses and the ashes of a forgotten past." 


I quickly slammed the book shut and shoved in my backpack then raced out of the library with unbridled fear pounding through my body. 

present time 


"Emily...Emily snap out of it," Mrs. Manet said. 


"Where are we," I asked. 


"The Clummance Courthouse for your trial."


"My trial for what," I asked my voice an octave higher. 


"For committing treason against our country."



© 2012 Rhea752


Author's Note

Rhea752
ignore grammar problems, what do you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is amazing. I'm really enjoying the story you have going. I hope you continue it...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ooh interesting and suspenseful :) I'm curious to find out what happens next.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 24, 2012
Last Updated on May 28, 2012


Author

Rhea752
Rhea752

Middle Of My Daydreams, FL



About
I am a 15 year old girl who loves to read, write, act, and draw. I just started writing seriously about 2 years ago. I've been published a few times in small online magazines. I am trying to find out .. more..

Writing
I Met Her I Met Her

A Poem by Rhea752


Let Me Go Let Me Go

A Poem by Rhea752