The Magick Night

The Magick Night

A Story by Rhea752
"

Do you know the secrets of the night ?

"
The night was quiet until the moon rose over the curve of a hill. As soon as the silver moonshine cast itself upon the valley the night erupted in a flurry of activity. The crickets burst into a lively melody near the shrubs. The fireflies danced to the merry tune illuminating the vast dark sky. An owl poked his head out of the tree and from his beak emitted a mournful hoot. A vixen with a bright white stripe on her forehead trotted out of her den ,and sniffed the ground. The deep red colored fox released a satisfied grunt ,and two cubs tentatively padded out into the cool night air. Underneath the calm guidance of the symbol of Hecate the animals each explored the depths of the darkness. To them the dark wasn't scary or menacing ,but a time of love and peace. Then the sun emerged casting his rays as far as they could reach. The vixen and her cubs slunk back to their den and together curled up for a slumber. The owl let out another melancholy hoot then tucked his head underneath his head. finally the fireflies and crickets disappeared into nature without a trace. Nearby two people arise from their beds oblivious to the prior events. Unaware of the wisps of leftover sparks of energy. Like magic the night ends only to begin once more as soon as The Mother Moon blesses the dark with her presence once more. The animals dream of the secrets they construed from last night. Secrets only they will know.

© 2012 Rhea752


Author's Note

Rhea752
ignore grammar problems. just trying something new

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lots of really wonderful little poetic descriptions in this!
You gave each of the animals described unique traits, and it really helped the setting of the hill they call home feel a bit more alive, though the final few sentences tie them all together with the secrets of their night time activities kept secret from creatures who are mainly active in the day.

Posted 1 Year Ago


You have known the secret and shared so eloquently.
Congratulations,Rhea!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

secrets of the night creatures set to a lighthearted, magical background
that details the moonlit environment of an ever vibrant nature, stunning

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lovely descriptive write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mystical, mysterious, enchanting, and blissfully aware of the ignorance of humans. It's like a breath of fresh air, lovely, lovely, lovely work. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey, great work with this one! I loved how this piece is centered on nature. c:

This has to be my favorite sentence from this piece: The animals dream of the secrets they construed from last night

Great job, keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2012
Last Updated on June 10, 2012

Author

Rhea752
Rhea752

Middle Of My Daydreams, FL



About
I am a 15 year old girl who loves to read, write, act, and draw. I just started writing seriously about 2 years ago. I've been published a few times in small online magazines. I am trying to find out .. more..

Writing
I Met Her I Met Her

A Poem by Rhea752


Let Me Go Let Me Go

A Poem by Rhea752



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


"Two-Faced" "Two-Faced"

A Poem by natzky