Blood in the Alley

Blood in the Alley

A Chapter by Ridhwanul

Adeeb and I got in the shop while Shabab stayed out. Thanks to our luck that there was no pedestrians in the road.  It was a polite are. No people, I believe the two people have really les income, for which he butcher might have murdered Mamun uncle and took the ownership of the shop to earn double. That middle aged man might be any relative of the butcher.

  The area would have been much politer if the Channel I’s office was not there. In the opposite of the two shops there was a big building of Channel I. 

  The shopkeeper was exactly the same Shabab described. He was a fanatic of songs. He has the earphone attached in his ear.

  “Hello! Is there any chips?” asked Adeeb.

  “Yes!” an abrupt answer came from the middle aged man.

  “What kind of chips are there?” I asked.

  “Potato and Meridian” replied the man.

  “No other type?” asked Adeeb.

  “No” the abrupt answers made me a lot angry.  I was just waiting Shabab to finish his job.          

  “Is there any type of chocolates?” asked Adeeb.

  “Yes”

  “What type?”

  “Only Milky bar”

  “Okay, please give three Milky bars.” Adeeb said. 

  “Do you have any cold drinks?” I asked.

  “Yes there is, but they are not cold. The fridge is in a state of decay.”

  “Okay”

  “Abirul, do you have the money, I don’t have any money.” Adeeb said to me.

  “Yeah, I have.  I am giving it.” I was taking time to take out the money; I was waiting for Shabab to complete his work.

  “Hey! All the onions from your sack had come out. Have a look at it.” Shabab jumped over the shop and shouted.

  “What?” shouted back the shopkeeper, and I also took out the money at the same time.

  The shopkeeper ran out and started to pick up the onions. Shabab had done clever thing to scatter the onions all over which will make the shopkeeper stay busy for more time.

Adeeb was sent to the butcher’s shop. Once again the luck helped us. The butcher did not recognize us.  Shabab and I headed for the alley. I did not forget to take out the magnifying glass from my pocket.

  “Man, this place is good.” Shabab said.

“Stay quiet. Look for clues.” I insisted. I did want Shabab to start taking the view of the graffiti. This guy was a big fanatic of graffiti.

We kept on looking for clues but we don’t find any.

“Hey! I have an idea. Let’s get in the house. They might have taken him in and murdered him there.” Shabab said.

“Yeah, they could have.” I agreed with him. We ran toward the house, but this time our luck did not help us. The house was locked from outside. We can’t open it.

“Hey! What do we do now?” asked Shabab.

“We have to keep on searching.” I said.

For another ten minutes we kept on searching but it came as a failure.

“Hey, it is too long, we should exchange.”

“Okay!” said Shabab.

We went out of the alley. The shopkeeper was still busy picking up the onions. Adeeb was still going good. Shabab and I walked in front of the butcher’s shop to make Adeeb notice us, and he did notice us. Adeeb quickly came out of the shop.

“Any clue?” asked Adeeb.

“No, we did not find any clue yet.” I said. “It is the time to exchange. You come with me; Shabab will keep the butcher busy.”

“Okay!” Adeeb said.

Shabab went to the shop and Adeeb was now with me.

“Hey! What are those red spots?” Adeeb pointed at some small red spots in the ground. I took a closer view of it. It was blood. Our second clue!!!

“Good job Adeeb! We have got our second clue. It is blood, blood in the alley.” I was going crazy about it.

“That’s great but what if the butcher comes again and rubs of the clue.” Adeeb said.

I thought for a while and then I noticed a big card board in that place so I took that in my hand and kept it above the blood spots. The butcher tried to remove them but there were some spots left.

“Okay, that’s great, we should inform about this to Shabab.”  I said.

We did the same thing in Shabab’s turn as we did in the turn of Adeeb.

“Got any clue?” Shabab asked the same question Adeeb asked when he came out of the butcher’s shop.

“Blood in the Alley” I said.   

“What?” Shabab was astounded. “Are you sure?”

“100%” I replied.

“Okay! Let’s go to house. We will discuss there.”

I accepted Shabab’s request and we went to his house. It did not take much time to reach his house.

“Man! Now we are sure that someone is murdered and that victim could only be Mamun uncle as he is missing.” I said.

“That’s great, but how do we prove that they are the person who killed Mamun uncle?” asked Adeeb.

“Oh! I did not even think about it. I was so much excited that I just forgot about it.”

“I know how we will prove it.” Shabab shouted out.

“How?” I asked.

“Did you see the Channel I building in the opposite of the shops; it has a CCTV camera at the roof of the building. I used to always think that, why did they give a camera in that place, it is fool’s work to do, but now it came to my own work.”

  “Do you think they will let us get in?” asked Adeeb.

  “I hope they will.” Shabab replied.

  “Why did you not remember about this when we were present there, we could have gone at that moment.” I ranted at Shabab.

  “At that moment this topic was not raised.” Shabab replied.

  “Whatever, let us not waste the time, let’s go right now.”

  We ran toward the office. I hoped they will let us meet the manager and they will have the thing we want.



© 2013 Ridhwanul


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on June 7, 2013
Last Updated on June 7, 2013