Vegetarian

Vegetarian

A Chapter by Rose Elizabeth
"

The begining of a new life.

"

 

                The moon was full and the forest was filled with eerie shadows. I looked to my brother with blood red eyes. We were hunting, had been for the past two weeks, for our favorite, young maiden. Somewhere in the Scottish isles we prowled through a forest unknown to us. Miles away we hear the faint singing of a young girl hardly sixteen by the sound of it. Our superhuman speed took us quickly and quietly feet from her in mere seconds. We stopped just behind the circle of trees and watched as a young druid priestess dances in circles around a table of stone on which laid a sheep covered in blood. Together my brother and I watched for a minute the stunning girl swirl. Her dress was long and purple, the color of royalty, her head was crowned with a band of silver, and around her wrists and ankles were tied black strings. Her fair black hair formed a cape down to the small of her back and her eyes reflected the endless abyss of space. Her voice rose and fell in a rhythm of praise to the spirits. I looked over at my brother who gave the child not but a foul look as if he wished for nothing but to sink his teeth into her pale neck; he couldn’t though because I was the eldest of my parents four children and by right I was to be first in everything. I nodded slightly to him that we should step out of the forest’s clutches. We made quietly to the edge of the girls circle; she stopped mid spin on the opposite side of the table to stare at the two of us in wonder and awe. My brother flashed his teeth menacingly to show off his fangs but I merely glared at her.
                “What is this?” I questioned her playfully.
                “This my lord is a feast I intend to offer you,” she answered quietly.
                “Oh,” crooned my brother playfully, “and how did you know we were coming?”
                “The stars portrayed dark visitors who would take the life of me,” she said calmly, “I asked my mother what I should do and she told me that my only hope would be to prepare a sacrifice in place of me.” Together my brother and I laughed slightly at the thought of such nonsense.
                “Then what is this sheep for?” I laughed.
                “It is my only hope lord, that you might spare me and take this beast instead,” her eyes filled with wetness.
                “As if we would chose such filth over the,” told my brother as together we circled the table on either side to surround the young girl.
                “Please,” she cried, “if not for me, spare my unborn child, when it lives you may take me but please not till then!” I halted and in turn so did my brother. He gave me a questioning gaze as I studied the young girl who had sunken to her knees mid cry.
                “You care so much for your child?” I asked calmly into her ear. She shivered at my sudden closeness.
                “My lord I wish only to give the father his child,” she cried into her hand.
                “Then it’s a man the loves,” teased my brother.
                “Yes,” she whimpered, “I love this man and wish to give him what he seeks.” I took her hand in mine and raised it to my lips to which she started to cry deeper.
                “Hush child and sit still,” I whispered into her blood stained skin. My brother waited eagerly on the other side for me to deliver a killing blow. By my glare he realized that we would not harm this human, tonight. He reached for her other hand and together we wiped them clean. I then walked to the sheep and began to devour it momentarily my brother followed.
                “Brother, what is the meaning of this?” my brother questioned.
                “She shall live to deliver her child,” I said quietly. When we finished we walked away from the table and turned our backs to the forest.
                “Young one, we have spared ye today, come morrow ye might not be so lucky,” I told her as she looked up in surprise. We left her there and travelled through the forest back to the castle we had taken. We left her alone for several months after our little encounter and never since that day had I felt the urge to take a human too much. I fed on animals even though our father had told us that it was a weak thing to do. After all those months I felt the need to see how the little girl was doing and whether or not her child had been born. It was an adorable young boy and I resisted my urge to take the girl up on her offer. One late night I went into her small village and came knocking at her door. She was the one to answer and when she saw my pale face terror instantly filled her. I gave a smile and then made a frown in frustration.
                “Why don’t you run?” I asked calmly, putting on a fake smile.
                “I know what you want,” she whispered as she left the doorway and closed the door behind her.
                “Come with me,” I told her solemnly motioning with my hand for her to follow. We left for the forest at the edge of the forest. We hardly entered the tree dense part when I turned around and pushed her right up against the tree. She wasn’t surprised just sad looking. I was stunned though, no one had faced me like this without wide eyes and slack mouth, not even my brothers or sister. For a minute my face betrayed my surprise but then I was able to pass it off as a smirk. I looked into her eyes until my stained soul could no longer stand it. I closed my eyes and slowly ran my nose up her pale slender neck, I slowly pursed my ice lips to her naked skin. I felt her tremor underneath me, felt her try to squirm away. I laughed silently at her insecurity.
                “How could you think that I would hurt you, dear one?” I giggled in her ear now. No, I wouldn’t eat her, not for a while anyways. How could I, she was so inviting and I needed to know what she was about.
                “Is it time, time… for you to take me,” she asked quietly.
“Hmm… maybe, my dear, but not in the way you might think,” I was having so much fun toying with her.
“What do you want from me?” she screamed suddenly, a tear falling down her face. I sat stunned at her question as I had her hands penned to the tree and her legs split with one of my knees. After a minute I let her down.
“I don’t know,” I whispered as I bowed my head and walked away.
“Why don’t you attack me?” she whispered.
“I don’t know!” I yelled as I punched a medium sized tree, knocking it full over.
“Oh,” she whispered.
“Run if you want,” I said quietly.
“No, I don’t think you’ll hurt me.”
“Why not!” I screamed knocking down another tree.
“Because you’re so conflicted,” it was annoying that she felt the need to narrate my life. I turned to watch her now peaceful face, the edges of her lips even boasted a small smile.
                “Why are you smiling?” I asked her aggravated.
                “Because, you’re so fickle,” she giggled.
                “What’s wrong with you,” I yelled in frustration, “you were just so terrified, just a second ago!” She had the nerve to laugh in my face!
                “You know you won’t hurt me,” she said flirtatiously, she bounced off the tree and started off towards the town.
                “How!” I screamed.
                “You’re not a mean person, you’ll do what’s right and you’re strong enough to pull through. I’ve put my faith in you dark master, don’t fail me,” she said as she sauntered on, not even bothering to look back at me as she went on her way. I knew though, I knew she was right. It was hard to watch her walk away and think she hadn’t planned this all from the beginning.
                I would see her from time to time, ok I about stalked her for a long while, three months. She would smile every time she saw me and wave and then walk away and it drove me crazy. Then one night I found her in the forest like when she was a young girl only now she was an old maid. How time flew when you didn’t age. She offered me the lamb again. It didn’t taste as good as the first one but I suppose I was used to the flavor by now. She waited patiently as I finished the meal.
                “You’ll never hurt anyone again,” she said confidently not looking at me rather gazing out at the forest.
                “No,” I agreed, not wanting to argue anymore. I was tired of this life of being a monster. It was time to change. That’s how I got this way. With a family and friends ranging all over the world and why my brothers and sister look up to me and why my father had chosen me out of all his favorites to take his empire when he tired of the world.


© 2010 Rose Elizabeth


Author's Note

Rose Elizabeth
PLEASE REVIEW!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on October 30, 2009
Last Updated on July 7, 2010


Author

Rose Elizabeth
Rose Elizabeth

AL



About
I'm a chocoholic who loves to laze around. Thankfully I'm not fat yet! I suck at grammer and spelling so please don't insult me for it! I love music and movies and I totaly think school is a dra.. more..

Writing
trial trial

A Story by Rose Elizabeth


Capture Capture

A Chapter by Rose Elizabeth