Today and Tomorrow

Today and Tomorrow

A Poem by Rose of Gondor

There's something indescribable in the end of an age
Something in the last rays of the sun as it sinks over the hill
As it fades into nothing but memories
Everything shatters and nothing is the same
Tomorrow a new sun will rise
Tomorrow a new day will dawn
But tonight I will hold on as long as I can to today
And tomorrow I'm going to let it go

© 2014 Rose of Gondor


Author's Note

Rose of Gondor
graduating from *insert which grade you think I'm in because I'm not in the business of handing out personal info* is just a little painful. I love you, friends, and I love all that you've done for me and all the good times we have. Lots of people are leaving, but that's okay. It has to be okay. I'm going to hold on as long as I can to them--hug them, talk to them, hold them--but I'm going to have to let go sooner or later.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well at least there is the plus side that rarely everything changes. At the very least you still remember who you are (brainwashed), then you have your family, then your physical possessions, if you haven't moved, friends, and then the other stuff I can't think of right now.
And a quote from Skyrim: "Would you stop the next world from being born?" (the end of this world is coming, but would you stop the next one from coming by preserving this one?).
In an entropic and scientific eternity-ed perspective, change is bad.
In a mortal perspective, change is typically good.
In the perspective of time, change is always good.
But typically you have a mortal perspective, so change is typically good.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rose of Gondor

9 Years Ago

Inspirational stuff, professor :)
I think it's the fact that I'll say something that I mean w.. read more
We must not spend to much time lingering in the past or looking toward the future, otherwise we miss out on today, and today is our next chance to make memories happen and show loved ones what they mean to us.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 31, 2014
Last Updated on May 31, 2014

Author

Rose of Gondor
Rose of Gondor

NCC-1701 U.S.S. Enterprise, Antarctica



About
Previously known as Phantom Rose. Hi guys! I figured I should change my profile now that it's been a bit. Anyway. I'm an Asian girl with a lot of interests in various forms of art performing, v.. more..

Writing