Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by SabrinaShall

Chapter Three
There was something about her that just called to him. Maybe this was what his gut feeling was about? Really Aaron, your gut feeling was about a hot women coming to town? Right. He shook his head and laughed out loud before he noticed. He looked up at her, her strange eyes were staring at him curiously.

“I was just thinking about a gut feeling I had before you got here… I thought maybe you were it, but then… Really… You’re just this beautiful woman that needed a place to stay.” Damn it Aaron, you gave her too much information.

“I… Oh” she blushed “beautiful?” the color of her cheeks darkened.

“Certainly that’s not the first time you’ve heard it. I mean, you must have all the guys fawning over you.” Oh s**t, what if she’s married, or dating someone. Good move jackass, he sighed.

“Actually, I haven’t heard it in a long time.” she bit her bottom lip and smiled that beautiful crooked smile. “I like hearing it… Coming from you.” He laughed and stepped closer to her. Her scent was amazing, almost mind blowing, which was odd. For a women to smell so damn good, that had never happened to him before. She smelt of flowers and some how, sunlight. How the hell do you smell like sun light, moron! Why do I keep arguing with myself… He realized that he was muttering to himself and he rolled his eyes.

“Apparently your beauty causes me to talk to myself also” he chuckled. “I swear I’m not insane most days.” Something in her eyes sparked, he couldn’t tell if it was fear or humor. “Come on, lets keep walking before I try to talk you into marrying me.” She laughed this time and kept walking.

“I like you… I haven’t laughed in a long time.” They came to a small creek, surrounded by green everything. Moss over the tree trunks, leaves on the tree were a bright green, the grass.. It was breath taking.

“Wow.. This is awesome… So calm to be around too.”

“Yeah.. This is one of my favorite places to be in town. I come here when life has me baffled. I’ve been here a lot.” he chuckled again.

Elise was so relaxed around him, she wanted to just talk to him, tell him all her problems, listen to all of his, but that was ludicrous. She had only known him for one day… just one. But she could see his pure soul through his eyes, his gentle nature in the way he talked to her. Not to mention he was damn sexy on top of it all. So what if she had a fling in a small town on her way through to a new life. Was that so wrong? No but it’s not mature… Am I going for mature? She shook her head and pushed the thoughts out of her head. There was no indication for her to know he even wanted her. She sat down on the grass, next to the water crossed legged. The breeze hitting her face felt so good and carefree, she let down her hair. Her long strands were blowing in the wind, she closed her eyes and let it take her to another world.

He was watching her just soak up the sun and it was stunning. Then she had let down her hair and it was hot. He wanted so badly to touch his lips to her, find out if she tasted like she smelled, see if those lips were as soft as they looked. But he had resisted, barely. Aaron kept trying to look away from her, but he couldn’t for long. When she leaned back her t-shirt had rolled up just a little bit and he could see her creamy skin and he wanted to touch it.

“Mmm” he moaned at the thought and startled them both.

“Sorry” she giggled, “I kinda got lost in the moment. I feel so free here.”

“It’s ok, I was enjoying the view.” She looked at him and realized that he hadn’t been talking about the creek or the trees, but about her. Smiling to herself she was suddenly sure that she was wanted.

“I love the sound of water, it’s so relaxing and refreshing. I haven’t been able to sit out in the sun in a long time… It feels so great.”

“Why?” She looked at him, her eyes wide open.

“Why what?”

“Why haven’t you done this in a long time?” Shock rippled through her, she hadn’t expected him to ask that.

“I… Well, it’s complicated.” Her eyes switched back and forth from him to the water.

“Ah… ok.” He wanted to pry, wanted her to tell him everything, but she was a stranger to him and vice versa, he couldn’t ask that of her.

“There was this guy… Wow, how cliché does THAT sound?” she snorted and looked over at him. “But we were together for a long time and it took me a long time to realize just how bad he was for me… I wasn’t ‘allowed’ to do things like this, he wouldn’t let me.” she sighed.

“How could he stop you?” Fear, defiantly fear in her eyes. What had this guy done to her? “Sorry, I guess that’s none of my business…”

“Do you know of any place around here that could use some short term help? Just something to put a little cash in my pocket?”

“Hmm… not off hand, but let me check around town. I’m sure I could find something for you. But if you plan to stay for longer than a week, you might want to check out an apartment or something other than the hotel.”
 



© 2009 SabrinaShall


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 9, 2009


Author

SabrinaShall
SabrinaShall

Cheboygan, MI



About
I'm 25 years old, I've been writing since I was around the age of 12. Poems mostly but as I got older, I started trying my hand at stories. Writing is my outlet, I enjoy it and I think other people en.. more..

Writing