Genesis

Genesis

A Story by SakuraGirl
"

another quickie

"


In the beginning there was The Smile. And The Smile was as happy and serene as any smile before him would have been, had there been any smile before The Smile. But there had never been another smile before The Smile, there had never been anything at all before The Smile, yet The Smile knew The Smile was supposed to be happy and serene.

But The Smile was all alone and though indeed self sufficient, The Smile grew impatient and bored, wishing for something to happen. Out of The Smile’s boredom wish, Time came upon to entertain The Smile’s loneliness. And Time said to The Smile “Just wait you, I will change you and you will not be bored anymore.”

And then Time whispered a magic word and The Smile grew larger and larger and larger, so large that The Smile eventually blew dozens of little sharp Laughters out of The Smile’s own self. The little baby Laughters jumped around and played and sang and they grew along with The Smile and Time as the first and happiest of all perfect famillies.

When many little Laughters grew into mature sleepy smiles �" or some into ironic smirks �" it was Time’s time to feel bored. But it was in Time’s powers �" and responsibilities that Time’s own self imposed onto Time at the time of Time’s creation �" to change things around. So Time took one of the little Laughters that still hadn’t had the time to grow too much, and rolled it over upside-down and squized him so hard that the little Laughter turned into a Cry. Time found this entartaing and every once in a while he caught some of the tiniest Laughters, some of the youngest that The Smile had recently blown, and twisted them again and rolled them over and inside out and crippled them into another Cry.

By the time Time became bored of this game, there were so many Cries all around, nearly as many as Laughters, and Time had become so profficient in the skill of making Cries, that every now and then a new Cry was stolen from The Smiles’ little baby Laughters just with a blink of the Time’s will.

Seeing all this, The Smile wanted to have a serious talk with Time, yet the Time kept posponing it forever and ever, and it so happens that still, every now and then and more often than anyone would like, little baby Laughters are turned into cries, by noone’s will in particular �" noone brave and decent enough to admit it. They say �" everyone around says �" that “time will take care of everything”, but nobody ever says when.

© 2010 SakuraGirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm not good at finding the meaning in things, but this is an interesting read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


hey you are good!
it seems to me like a legend . its rare that someone around here writes a good piece of prose.
its funny, and evendough it is supposed to be a little sad, it doesn't inspire such a feeling, being more ironic than sad.

Posted 13 Years Ago


That was really, really goood. It took a while to get into and there was so many 'The Smile' in the paragragh that I almost didn't read on.. But it's a good little story - maybe good for a collection of unusual short stories.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sakura I am a poet and not a good One.But I am not qualified to rate this story I am the ultimate A>D>D> patient I cant concentrate two seconds I liked it But I cant follow stories I will giove you a hundred and trust you are worth it
tate

Posted 14 Years Ago


The smile needed a kiss.......smiles
This was a cute little story SakuraGirl
and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing.

Kelley

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 7, 2010
Last Updated on January 7, 2010

Author

SakuraGirl
SakuraGirl

About
I'm no wannabe writer. Hope I will be, someday. Writing out of pure passion, in my frustratingly decreasing free time, with the slight hope of bringing enjoyment to the braves ones bumping into my .. more..

Writing
Q&A Q&A

A Story by SakuraGirl


Eye Witness Eye Witness

A Story by SakuraGirl



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..