Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

A Chapter by Samantha Grace

It was now nearing the middle of July.  Trevor and I were no longer a mystery to each other, and of course no one else.  Adrian was probably enjoying this, though nearly not as much as I was.  I no longer depended on him to drive me where I needed to go or to buy my cigarettes.  Lisa was not taking to it quite as well  as Adrian since we didn’t hang out as much.  She would be alright though.  I knew she was pouting, but certainly she was understanding too.
At this point, I practically lived with him.  I only went home when absolutely necessary, which of course wasn’t that often.  Lucille, as expected, would never miss me not being around considering I was never acknowledged except when she needed an ego boost.  Adrian knew where I was anyway and still wasn’t taking on much of a big brother role.  I was free to be with Trevor as much as I wanted and as long as I wanted. 
Almost.
Much to my dismay, he had gotten a job about a week ago at an auto repair shop three blocks down.  I was not liking this.  It took up too much of our time together.  Eight long, grueling hours of being alone.  He, of course, thought it was funny when I expressed my displeasure of this ‘job’.
“Why do you need a job all of a sudden?  Don’t you want to just stay here with me?  You could, if you wanted.”
He laughed that same laugh, always that laugh, “Of course, but I need something else to fall back on.  You never know what could happen.  It wouldn’t hurt to have extra money.  Maybe I want to take you somewhere nice or something.  I can’t really do that now with this skimpy check.  All of it goes to food and bills.”
All I was hearing was blah blah blah logic.  Never mind that he was right, I was sulking and wanting to be selfish.  I wanted all of his time. 
I surrendered. “Fine, you win.” and rolled my eyes with a heavy sigh, plopping onto the futon with my arms crossed, and eyes narrowed.
“So pouty.” he proceeded with mocking me, poking out his bottom lip and frowning, bowing his head down a bit.  I threw the pillow on the futon at him, which he blocked, before I ran to him, tackling him down to the floor.
“Don’t mock me!”, I said, pretending to be angry.
“Aw, you’ll be ok, I promise.  Would I or have I ever lied to you?”
“No.  That’s beside the point.” I huffed and slouched.
Trevor picked up my chin gently and kissed my forehead, then rubbed my hair back with his hand and slid it down the side of my face before kissing me once on the lips.
There wasn’t a lot to do while he was gone.  Only a few channels came through on television, five to be precise, three of which were static filled and grainy.  With it being two in the afternoon, there wasn’t really anything on but soap operas, and that definitely wasn’t for me.  Like my life wasn’t enough of one to begin with. 
Trevor usually made his way home around five, so a long three hours of nothing to do and missing him for me.  I thought about taking a nap to pass the time away, but wasn’t sleepy in the least, so I passed that up.  I looked around the house.  There wasn’t really anything much to clean either.  I had done the dishes earlier that morning and Trevor grabbed up the garbage on his way out, so not even that was available to me.
I was stretched out on the futon, still bored, almost to tears.  I grabbed the remote.  What the hell, right?  Casually, I pushed the button, flipping through the various soaps, trying to find the least cheesy one to mind-numbingly entertain myself. 
Ding-dong.
Was that a doorbell?  Weird.  I never noticed he had one, of course, it wasn’t like we, well he, had any visitors.  I leapt off the futon and made my way to the door, and opened it.
“Who are you?” she spat, obviously not expecting me to be the one who answered.  There was a girl, dressed in a tight black tee, wearing dark denim short-shorts, clinging to her tanned skin.  Her dark, almost black hair, hung in kinky rings just a couple inches past her shoulders, barely tinted with burgundy.  Her eyes were a deep chocolate brown, and above them thick but defined eyebrows to match her hair.  I could feel the sourness in the way she was looking at me.
“Who are you?” I said slowly, wary of her.  I wrinkled my forehead, studying her.
“Trevor’s girlfriend.  Like I said, and you are?” she cocked her eyebrow and smirked.
What?  I immediately slammed the door in her face and locked it.  What did she mean Trevor’s girlfriend?  Wasn’t that my role?  Was this a joke?  What the hell?  No.  I knew it.  This was one of those totally cliché too good to be true things. 
Now I was angry.  Bitter.  And in tears.  I still had plenty of time to pack my s**t and go.  I never wanted to see him again.  He could f**k himself.  I grabbed my suitcase and started throwing my clothes in, not even bothering to fold them.  Hot tears rolled down my face, dropping on everything I stood above like a waterfall of pain and confusion.  That was all that he would have of me for the rest of his life.  My tears, my broken heart, and my pain.  That was all that I felt.  Pain.
I dragged my suitcase to the door, peeked out of the side window to make sure his girlfriend had left, swung it open, slammed it shut and never looked back. 



© 2009 Samantha Grace


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, that was definitely unexpected - it seems that Trevor's a bit of a player, huh? Lol.

I think this was very well-written, but I would have liked to seen a little more denial on Violette's part. I think she was a bit too accepting when Trevor's "girlfriend" came to the door, and it might be better for you to add a few more of the excuses that would have run through Violette's mind. Since she finds it so hard to trust people anyway, I think it would have been a bit out of character for her to immediately accept what the other girl said.

There were a couple of irrelevent grammar issues, but other than that, I'm still hooked on this story! Keep on writing, I really can't wait to find out what's going to happen! ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I read this whole book and loved it. The ened was unexpected. I can't wait to read more if you add on to it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, that was definitely unexpected - it seems that Trevor's a bit of a player, huh? Lol.

I think this was very well-written, but I would have liked to seen a little more denial on Violette's part. I think she was a bit too accepting when Trevor's "girlfriend" came to the door, and it might be better for you to add a few more of the excuses that would have run through Violette's mind. Since she finds it so hard to trust people anyway, I think it would have been a bit out of character for her to immediately accept what the other girl said.

There were a couple of irrelevent grammar issues, but other than that, I'm still hooked on this story! Keep on writing, I really can't wait to find out what's going to happen! ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 24, 2009


Author

Samantha Grace
Samantha Grace

Simpsonville, SC



About
I'm Samantha. I'm 18. I don't remember not writing or reading. I have a little boy born 9/13/2007 [Shawn]. He is my heart, my life, my everything. I'm engaged to his dad [Dustin]. I also love art, mus.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Freedom Freedom

A Poem by Kt