the company we keep

the company we keep

A Poem by Kara Emily Krantz

I want to surround myself with strong, soulful people.

People who use words like 'goodness' and 'truth' in

everyday conversation.

 

Individuals who believe that integrity is not a matter of pride

but of purpose

and what we do when no one is watching

defines who we are.

 

I need those who not only understand that life

is filled with music

(but hear it, too):

the sweet soft sounds of the soul.

 

This is what keeps them breathing

(their hearts beating)

and when they hug me...

I feel a little closer

to the Truth.

 

I want people who smile even when there is pain

and who attribute the rain

to the pursuit of the colors

within the earth.

 

Individuals of character and mirth

who laugh from deep inside their selves.

 

I want to be near people who believe in letting go

(in letting feelings show)

and who will never compromise the beauty

that their hearts

only know.

 

So if you sit beside my hearth

I will light this fire

(for you and me)

 

For I wish to surround myself

with Authenticity.

 

Forgive me

if I take your hand

and press it to my palm.

For your beauty is the balm

my soul has been seeking.

 

 

© 2008 Kara Emily Krantz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh my goodness! This is so beautiful sweetie and I can feel every last word you spoke! Everything you said is so precious and It touched me so very much! Great write girl, and I simply loved it! You just made me smile! See? :) From my palm to your palm, one luv Miss Kara! :)



-JC-

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This line sums it up - "For I wish to surround myself with Authenticity."

There is nothing I desire greater in personal relationships beyond honesty. Without that, there is nothing. Not only do I dislike people who will not tell me the truth, but what I hate even worse is people who will not accept the truth from me. To connect with me is to accept me.

I'm glad there are others out there who can articulate the same thing.

Thanks!


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

omg... i dont know what to say... its great... awesome... i love it!!! I think everyone that is deep wants someone else deep... i think creative ppl seek out other creative ppl... and the hands... something about hands has been intriguing me latey... so all and all a great write!!!!! :D

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i really like this piece. i can relate to it also. it would be so nice if all the people were like this. i would like that too. this is very nice and well-written!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm kind of laughing to myself right now, simply because your words really grab me. There's a certain way that you speak that not only keeps the flow yours and authentic...there's also a little sexy plea for that kind of company to find you.

This and part two are really, really dope. Keep going.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What lovely words and sentiment. I would that I could surround myself with such things as well. It is difficult sometimes to find people of similar mindset but what you express here is truly a beautiful longing to be around those that are like you - filled with love, Light, and the Truth of understanding - loving Unconditional. Thank you for this - it is just delightful.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow!! insightful and beatuifully penned. we all want to be around people like, but i think its up to us to find them. well done hon! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a remarkable work of the soul! I believe so much in what you write here. It is a Truth, and i believe that your's is the best Truth i have read in a long time.
It speaks of solid ground, rather then the fantasies that so many people live behind.
Great Work! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"I want people who smile even when there is pain
and who attribute the rain
to the pursuit of the colors
within the earth."

I really like this poem....the company we keep also defines who we are. This is an excellent, most thoughtful write, Kara.



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice poem, but in modern america, people of this sort are seen as outsiders, while the sweaty homosexuals and tight-assed businessmen are deemed acceptable. oh, well.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

if it were possible to have legalized marriage with a document...i would ask this poem to marry me...truth, purpose, life, thats what living is all about. the quality of life, pursuing what we acknowledge as the "best" and what we believe is to be "truth" defines who we are and where we are going...and the support we have along the way is how we reach all that we seek. your writing truly inspires.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1027 Views
52 Reviews
Shelved in 12 Libraries
Added on March 18, 2008
Last Updated on March 19, 2008

Author

Kara Emily Krantz
Kara Emily Krantz

http://karaemily.wordpress.com, MA



About
I am resolved to never be content with the lives of "quiet desperation" which so many of us lead, to continuously challenge myself, and forever walk in Beauty. I like pandas. I like writing poe.. more..

Writing