Chapter 2: Ebony and School Papers

Chapter 2: Ebony and School Papers

A Chapter by �Alexa�
"

Cass meets the horses.....

"

After a dinner of porkchops, mashed potatoes, green beans and a hot cup of tea and the long day I had today I was ready for bed. I began to climb up the staircase but Levi stopped me, "We still have to see the horses." I nodded and sleepily followed behind him. 

As we entered the barn we were welcomed by nickers and neighs coming from every direction. I instantly felt at home. A small chesnut colored mare grabbed my attention. I walked to her stall and she gave a scared whinny. I blushed slightly and walked back to Levi. He smiled comfortlingly. My face began to turn back to normal and he said, "That was Ebony....She's the newest one we rescued.....she still needs more training---alot of it too." I nodded, not so much tired anymore.

I climbed into bed at 10:13. A streak of light came in from the moon through my window. I stared out into the navy blue, star-dotted sky until I fell asleep.

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. I yawned, stretched, sat up and then looked over and my clock . 8:46. Why was I up so early? I got up and walked to a decent sized mirror hanging on the wall. It was the first time I had looked--actually examined my reflection--in a few months. And did I look worse than ever? Yes. My eyes had lost their tone of light and with one glance you could tell I was bubbling with feelings. I was mad, mad that nobody would believe my story, sad, sad that I didn't have anyone left, anyone to love, to care for and to be loved and to be cared for. It was like I had been driving in the wrong lane and I knew I had to get back over in the right lane.

And I was going to start today. I put my hair up in a ponytail, put a sky-blue shirt on and to-my-knees gray shorts. I looked better, better than I had looked 6 minutes ago.

I walked downstairs and was welcomed with the smell of pancakes and eggs coming from the kitchen. I walked to the table and sat down, feeling more welcome at this house than yesterday. "Help yourself to breakfast, Cass." Brianna said with a heart-warming smile. I returned the smile and got to pancakes from a plate and a small serving of eggs. I pured my self a small glass of orange juice.

When I was almost done with breakfast Levi walked down the stairs, blue jean shorts and a loose-fitting red shirt. He obviously intended to go straight to the barn after breakfast. Brianna nodded and sat down and we were eating in silence until...

"We need to go to the school today...to sign papers and orientation is tonight." Brianna declared. Uhg, school. Last year's first day had went horrible and it caused me my whole year of no friends. I spilled my milk all over my clothes because one of the girls "accindentally" knocked it over. Something had to wrong this year, otherwise it would be a miracle.

"Do you want to sit with me during the meeting?" A voice came from behind me. At first I ignored it, it obviously was not for me. Someone poked me, "Do you want to sit with me during  the meeting?" I spun around. Caramel hair covered her head and her dark blue eyes shone brightly against her dark tan skin. "Me?" I asked, to make sure she was asking me. "Yea. Do you want to? By the way my name is Allie." Allie said. "Sure! My name is Cass." I said with a smile. Allie looked around and said under her breath, "That kid over there--Levi--he's totally checking you out." I blushed. "I don't think so, I mean, I'm kind of living with him in a way." I said. Allie face turned dark red, "Sorry, I didn't know you guys were related. It totally looked like he was though." I smiled, "We're not related." Allie's face looked confused. "Wait, wait. Your living with him and your not related...? What?" Allie asked puzzled. "Long story." I said simply and Allie smiled comfortingly, "You can explain later if you want."

   "This is so boring. I dreaded this since mom transferred me." Allie muttered as a tall man with dark brown hair walked up to the end of the tables. "Hola, I'm Mr. Grey, your Spanish teacher." He flashed a smile. 

   "Talk to you later!" Allie called after me as I walked to the car trailing Brianna and Levi. That was so much fun! Maybe school won't be so bad. I thought to myself. Brianna started the car and we soon arrived back at the house.

   Ebony was waiting carefully in her stall eating the grain that Levi had poured into her green bucket. I slowly approached her stall careful not to make eye contact. Ebony stopped eating and I stopped walking. Once she countinued to munch I glided carefully to her. She kept eating and I made it to her stall. I slowly--oh, so slowly--extended my hand. I was inches away from her face when she took a step back. "Baby steps, Cass. Baby steps." I reminded myself.

   I took a handful of feed from her bucket and flattened my hand. Although it could cause biting, I needed this bond or I wouldn't have anything with this horse. Ebony cautiously approached me. I stay unmoving. Ebony took a bite from the grain on my hand. She munched the rest and I smiled, dumped the crumpled remains of the grain that was in my hand back into the bucket and walked to the house, were Brianna was cooking in the kitchen.

 



© 2009 �Alexa�


Author's Note

�Alexa�
Sorry the first few chapters are going really slow....Next chapter might be more mixed up..

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter was good. You showed more emotion with Cass as she talked about school. It was short once again but like I said if you put chapter 1 and 2 into one paragraph and maybe this one into the next one then you'd have the length. :D Onto the next chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


It sounds great so far, besides I prefer shorter chapters, I don't have to glare at the screen forever. lol Keep up the good work, it's coming along great! ☺

Posted 14 Years Ago


I noticed like two spelling errors just to let you know :) I love where this is going with the horse Ebony. Can't wait to read what happens next :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


great! cant wait to see what happens

Posted 14 Years Ago


Also click the icon for Ebony's picture. And school has started, chapters are smaller I apologize.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
5 Reviews
Added on August 28, 2009
Last Updated on September 6, 2009


Author

�Alexa�
�Alexa�

Your the author of your own life story.



About
Hey I'm Alexa. I love music, writing, animals, reading, drawing, volleyball, tennis, ping-pong (I am the official champ! yeah! :) lol) and God. I am obsessed with using the word lol. I think Twilight.. more..

Writing
Wilt Wilt

A Poem by �Alexa交..