The Dark Side Remains

The Dark Side Remains

A Chapter by sarahbeara
"

This chapter is a continued discussion of the pregnancy situation.

"

At youth group two days after the pregnancy revelation, we continued the movie 'To Save a Life,' which we had begun screening the week before. For those of you who have seen the movie, I'll give you three guesses as to what scene just happened to be one of the first ones that we watched. Yup...you're right. It was the scene in which Amy reveals to her ex-boyfriend, Jake, that she is carrying his child.

 

As you can probably imagine, watching that portion of the movie was anything but easy for me. I fought back tears the entire time; tears that eventually broke free after everyone else had left the youth room in favor of hanging around outside while I sat on a couch and blubbered to Shannon and Kristi, one of my best friends, about the whole horrible situation.

 

A short while later, I ended up shedding even more tears. J.C. revealed to me that his ex had produced proof from her doctor that she was, indeed, with child. In that moment, it really and truly began to sink in for both of us.

 

When we hung out that Friday, the topic surfaced in our conversation--as much as both of us had been trying to just push it into the back of our minds and focus on happier things. It is on this day that I saw him cry for the first time (even though he tried his best to hide it). It was a sight that shattered my heart in a way that nothing else had ever shattered it before. I drove to Lufkin to meet up with him after he got off work the following night, and we talked more about it; both of us expressing our desire to stay together and the fear that we would not be able to do so for very much longer.



© 2012 sarahbeara


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on September 7, 2012
Last Updated on September 7, 2012


Author

sarahbeara
sarahbeara

alto, TX



About
i'm just sarah. that's really all there is to it. ") more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by sarahbeara


The Beginning The Beginning

A Chapter by sarahbeara


The First Date The First Date

A Chapter by sarahbeara