The Days That Followed

The Days That Followed

A Chapter by sarahbeara
"

This chapter is about the days following our break-up.

"

Two days passed before I contacted him again. His 21st birthday was coming up, and despite the difficulties that we had been having, I had continued slaving away over his presents--a little booklet containing 222 reasons that I loved him (one reason for every day that I had known him) and a camouflage-and-black tie-blanket (which had been made with the help of Savana). Although we were no longer a couple, I still wanted to give the presents to him...especially after all of the hard work that had gone into them. When I texted him on that day, it was to ask him if he was going to allow me to bring them to the apartment on the day of his birthday. He responded by saying that we would see about that happening on Halloween, which was the day before his birthday.

 

We spoke again two days later...and this time, he was the one who initiated the contact. It was late at night, and I was already asleep and had my phone on silent, so I was not aware of the message when it arrived. I happened to randomly wake up a couple of hours later and saw that he had asked me what I was doing. I responded that I was sorry for not replying when the message had been sent; I had been asleep. He replied by saying something along the lines of, "Oh, you could have come over and hung out for a while." Of course, I hated knowing that I had missed my opportunity to see him again, but the main emotion that I was experiencing at that point in time was shock--after all, I hadn't expected him to do anything like that. And as I fell asleep once again after we had talked for a little while longer, I prayed that that would not be the last time.



© 2012 sarahbeara


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on September 10, 2012
Last Updated on September 10, 2012


Author

sarahbeara
sarahbeara

alto, TX



About
i'm just sarah. that's really all there is to it. ") more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by sarahbeara


The Beginning The Beginning

A Chapter by sarahbeara


The First Date The First Date

A Chapter by sarahbeara