More Little Changes

More Little Changes

A Chapter by sarahbeara
"

This chapter discusses some more little changes that took place.

"

The Fourth of July saw even more changes for J.C. and me. After a party in honor of his Army-bound cousin, Joseph, we headed to Lufkin to get him moved into Fuller's apartment since the previous co-habitant had recently moved out and Fuller didn't want the place all to himself. I was really excited about the move; I loved Fuller to death (especially since he had basically introduced me to the love of my life), and I anticipated that the two of them living together would be a whole lot of fun.

 

I had actually been invited to make the apartment my new home as well. As much as I would have loved to be able to do that, I declined the offer. Very few people knew at that point in time that I was no longer a virgin, and to be honest, that was a revelation that I was still not quite ready to make...and I had a feeling that moving into the apartment would be more than enough to give people the impression that my innocence was no more.

 

Then, there was a change that I was not nearly as thrilled about. Up until that point, J.C.'s work schedule had been composed of shifts that lasted from 2:00 in the afternoon to 10:00 at night. That day, however, he was going to be starting a new shift, which would have him working from 10:00 at night until 6:00 in the morning. He was also going to be working seven days a week instead of just six. I was very concerned about this and feared that we wouldn't get to spend as much time together. He didn't seem too worried about it, however, so I decided to do my best to just go with the flow and not fret over it. I would be starting school back at Angelina College the following month, and the apartment complex just happened to be conveniently located right across the highway from there. Besides, he had been wanting to make the change to this particular shift for quite a while, and I was happy that he had finally gotten his wish.

 

I was let go from my job at Etech--which was a great place to work, but a hard job to do given the fact that people can be incredibly stubborn when they really want to be--a little over a week later. As upset as I was about losing my source of summer income (I had a job at the campus newspaper lined up for when I went back to school), I was also relieved that I would have more time to spend with J.C.

 

Given his new work schedule, that time was mostly spent watching him sleep. He would be awake for a few hours, but after that, he would sleep pretty much all day long. Thankfully, I had absolutely no problem whatsoever with just watching him sleep since he looked so adorable while doing it. And of course, it was nice to have the opportunity for a little afternoon catnap here and there.



© 2012 sarahbeara


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on September 10, 2012
Last Updated on September 10, 2012


Author

sarahbeara
sarahbeara

alto, TX



About
i'm just sarah. that's really all there is to it. ") more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by sarahbeara


The Beginning The Beginning

A Chapter by sarahbeara


The First Date The First Date

A Chapter by sarahbeara