2. Red Slippers

2. Red Slippers

A Chapter by
"

We think we'll be someone more, and by the end of the day, we know.

"
I stepped out of my warm, private room, and slid expertly, and swiftly down the curving, white wooden railing that lead downstairs. I watched my navy dress flap slowly on my lap. Reaching the end, I tapped quietly on the floor. Looking around for someone to come out of the door, I tiptoed as quietly as I could to the empty spacious kitchen. Running to the cabinet and took out a piece of white bread, and slipped it into the ancient, gray toaster. 
Walking around the big rectangular slab, known as a small counter sticking out of the middle of the floor, I faced the refrigerator, and took out my trusty orange juice. I opened the orange cap and looked around before drinking from the carton itself. 
"Ew! Don't do that!" A shrilly, and nonetheless girly voice whined. Surprised, I jerked awkwardly back and spilled some of the orange juice on my navy school dress. Pursing my lips, I set the carton down and reached for a clean napkin, patting the wet spot embedded on my ribs. Finally, I looked up at her, and narrowed my eyes slightly-not that she noticed.
"Why not?" I asked calmly, glaring at Amber's light brown eyes with my green ones. 
"Because, what if some want to drink it, but then you have all that spit on it?" Amber retorted, giving me a superior look. Now that I think about it, her voice has more of a nasal ring to it. 
Throwing a disgusted look, I answered her evenly.
"Well, my sweet Amber, since no one else in this damned house drinks any of it, I think I can swallow my orange juice in any fashion I please. Much liked if it were quiet too," I said turning my back just in time to catch my warm toast. 
"Whatever, you still have all that spit on it," Amber went on. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath. Why did step-sisters have to be so difficult?
"You mean my saliva?" 
"Your what?" 
Exactly.

The cement felt good underneath me. The sound of footsteps soothed me for a some reason. You're going somewhere, but it feels like it could last forever. Pulling my dark brown hair from under my hair band, I set it free within the furious wind. 
I thought about life. About how highschool can be the worst nightmare you've ever dreamt, repeating over and over. Especially when you had a stepsister in the same grade. Seeing Amber walk down the halls of school brought shivers down my spine, and a sick feeling in my stomach for a second. But what most interested me is love. What is love? Do you see it, or feel it? How do you know, is it one of those instinct things? A feeling of clueless emotion hit me hard. 
It does get hard listening to your classmates bragging about their hot boyfriends, and sweet presents. I can almost hear their voices, which made me completely paranoid. 
I watched the different cars past by, and looked up into the sky occasionally, then school came to my mind, and my school bag seemed a thousand times heavier. Quickening my speed, I finally made it to the light, red cobble road near the school. My eye caught a small boy with bright red slippers walking alone across the street, and the speeding car coming towards him. 
Panic caught at my throat, and before I could comprehend, I was next to the boy. But oddly, the last thing I remember was the sweet smile that stretched smoothly across his face..


© 2011 ☯


Author's Note

☯
My second chapter! Please comment:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cliffhanger! ^^

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can't wait to read the next chapter :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

:) Very nice. I liked it. The way you created the scenery and imagery was just lovely and the way with words was just excellent and inticing. Can't wait to read more. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The last two sentences, so fun. This was written well, described wonderfully. Good job. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah the imagery, fantastic end bitter sweet, well done, great read..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

like it, so much detail and imagery, {Well written}

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hmm, evil little boy huh? Well good work cant wait to read more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Just the title alone gives such a descriptive image, imagine, lol!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is awesome. another job well done :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 19, 2011
Last Updated on May 9, 2011


Author

☯

Wonderland



About
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be,.. more..

Writing
Insanity Insanity

A Story by


Wanderlust Wanderlust

A Poem by


Music Box Music Box

A Poem by



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Woven Hands Woven Hands

A Poem by


Dreams Dreams

A Poem by