3. Guests

3. Guests

A Chapter by

I think dreams are what kept me alive. The dreams that put me down towards centuries ago. Each dream like another day. But, what amazed me the most, is the same boy I kept seeing in each and every dream. Tumbled raven black hair, fair skin, and creamy hazel eyes. Or so I think they were hazel, I was too busy staring at his smile. But oddly, he always wore breeches and a loose fitting white blouse. 
I thought it would be complete silence, but beeping sounds always disturb me. They're endless. I could still hear them though, but I don't know why, or how I could end up somewhere where I wouldn't wake up. Maybe, this is how heaven is, before you actually go. Pity, the last thing I remember was the small boy, and his unique red slippers. I wish I had a better last moment before I'm swept off into eternal sleep. 
What's funny is that people actually talk to me. They come and tell me all their dirty secrets, and weird apologies. Well, since I can't talk back, you can't expect me to rub my two index fingers and say "Shame on you," or reassure you it's alright. 
Suddenly, I hear the door open, and a nurse quietly speaking. Then, I here a soft clicking on the floor, and a chair being scraped back. A voice started speaking quietly, someone I knew, but it couldn't be. Amber?
I think she was crying, but maybe I was hearing things. It can get a little dusty in here. 
"Oh December, do you remember Jake Per...?" Perliski, yes I do. Did I mention my name was December? "I know you had a crush on him because when you weren't home, I looked through your diary-you know the one that had a unicorn on it." It was a pony! And how dare she. 
"He told me he had, like a crush on me, and that's why I dated him." Mhm, keep going. "So, don't think I'm like, a s**t. He's the one that kissed me!" Then a small flashback comes to the back of my mind. 
A hot, humid summer day, I was walking from school, seventh grade. Since the roads seemed busy, I remember me going the other way through the thin woods. While walking towards the woods, you had to pass the side of the school, so guess what I saw passing by? Yes, you have it right. I saw Amber, and my huge crush, Jake Perliski-kissing. Then, I ran back with my hands covering my face, sobbing. Nope, I don't think I'll ever forget that. Or Jake screaming my name. 
God, I don't know what I saw in the guy. Amber's nasal voice ruins my thoughts. "So yeah, that's why." 
But, Amber honey, you don't expect me to be that stupid. You don't think I remember me telling you I would go the other way, through the woods? Those days, we were in good terms, kind of. But since that day, there's no such thing or meaning of 'good terms' between us. 
So thank you Amber. Thank you for telling me the "truth."
"I was so worried about you!" I wish I could see her face right now.
"Time's up!" a nurse yelled, more like an urgent whisper. 
"Bye December,"Amber stood up, and maybe I heard it but, I could've sworn I heard a short laugh before the door closed. 
Then the door opened again, and the chair scraped back. A thump echoed, and the voice that came out startled me. I couldn't believe this, not in a million years.
"Hi December." Jake? 


© 2011 ☯


Author's Note

☯
Tell me what you think :) I'm sorry if I sent you the 3rd chapter without you reading the previous.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I do like this chapter though I didn't know exactly what was going on at first. But you did a good job a givig enough information in the chapter to keep your reader informed. I also enjoyed the humor that you were able to place into the story about the unicorn being a pony. That made me laugh. It was a smart and cute add in. I'm anxious to see what the relationship between Amber and December Is going to be and what role Jake is going to play. I look forward to reading the next chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like it! Love the way it leaves the reader hanging :]

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oooo...I want to read more. =]

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful job! Yet again you leave me hanging :)
I found this to be a very intresting chapter. I am curious on how things will turn out....but anyway, good luck on the next chapter, can't wait!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting. I like it. It has my name in it. :) *Grins* Though I am so wondering what is going to happen and what has happened. Can't wait to read on!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Snapped flow and a revealingly twist, a well versed chapter, well done

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I do like this chapter though I didn't know exactly what was going on at first. But you did a good job a givig enough information in the chapter to keep your reader informed. I also enjoyed the humor that you were able to place into the story about the unicorn being a pony. That made me laugh. It was a smart and cute add in. I'm anxious to see what the relationship between Amber and December Is going to be and what role Jake is going to play. I look forward to reading the next chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i thought it was good! I like how you describe dreams in the beginning, and how the character is kinda fading in and out. Can't wait for the next ch! ^^

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2011
Last Updated on May 9, 2011


Author

☯

Wonderland



About
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be,.. more..

Writing
Insanity Insanity

A Story by


Wanderlust Wanderlust

A Poem by


Music Box Music Box

A Poem by