1. Daisy

1. Daisy

A Chapter by
"

The beginning of a magical discovery that will begin her colorless life...

"
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The autumn leaves rustle through the thin air, and restless wind. My navy dress flaps around my legs wildly, seeming to dance-which oddly brought me comfort. My knee high white socks riding lower and lower from my knees as I walked further. Black, polished, and strapped slippers clicking softly on the pavement. At that time, my dark brown hair was plainly, cut short to my small shoulders and the only accessory I wore was a light pink head band with a small pink flower sticking out shortly. 
I struggled holding up the the small bouquet of white daisies slinging in my arms; while wearing the small, denim jacket holding a small but sweet shell shaped madeleine dessert. I finally reached the opening of the huge, wide, and thick black gates in which held intricate swirling designs twining the middle. The slabs of thick rectangular stone on either sides standing up to connect with the rusty black gates. The fence stretched far and wide across the land, design quite like the opening gates themselves. Except for, well, the fact that they weren't gates. 
I pushed them open, and walked in. An eery feeling creeping towards me, like an unwelcome sign. But, I pushed forward, because it didn't matter. At that time, nothing really mattered, nothing had a specific meaning anymore. The apologies from others weren't bearable anymore. Why do you even apologize when it wasn't your mistake, nor can you fix it? At that age, it was a mystery to me why people apologized like that, it didn't help, but you knew that people felt pity.
The rows and rows of differently shaped and colored headstones lining in neat columns, and lonely trees deserted by far. I finally reached the row I was headed to, my breath caught in my throat, and my chest tightened slowly. Walking slowly, knee length socks; one down to my ankle, and one just below my knee. Hair tangled, and dress still blowing around, I made my way up to the gray rectangular headstone, as slowly as my short legs could manage. 
Straightening my navy dress with my small hands, I rested on my knees, and tenderly place the bright daises in front of it. The words reading AMY PENELOPE RUBY 1950-1990, in thick golden letters. Struggling to get the madeleine from my jean pocket, I placed it over the daises. 
"I miss you mommy." I whispered to the sky, believing that she would be listening. Then I lowered my head as my eyes watered, and shook my head and smiling wiping my eyes with the back of my small hand.
"I hope you like my shell cake mommy, I made it with Grandma. She told me you will love shell cakes," I said to the headstone. 
And, I could've sworn I had seen a slightly translucent figure smiling at me from a few headstones away, but how should I know? At that time, I was only small, just innocently six years old...


© 2011 ☯


Author's Note

☯
I hope you read it all :D You guys can tell me anything you feel about it, or comments, maybe even a spelling error. Tell how you guys feel about this! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Firstly, I enjoyed this very much.

However, something caught my attention: In the first line, you say: "The autumn leaves rustle." Rustle is in the present tense, but for the rest of the chapter, you remain in the past tense.

I may just be weird, but I think it'd be awesome if you wrote something entirely in the present tense.

Good work, by the way.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really liked all the detail you put into this

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Absolutely beautiful. I love the imagery and emotions and how you portrayed them. Amazing job, as always.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

awesome :)


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Firstly, I enjoyed this very much.

However, something caught my attention: In the first line, you say: "The autumn leaves rustle." Rustle is in the present tense, but for the rest of the chapter, you remain in the past tense.

I may just be weird, but I think it'd be awesome if you wrote something entirely in the present tense.

Good work, by the way.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

love the details and imagery, very nicely done

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very nice

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nice writing! Much better than any story I could write. I much more of a poet than an author. Kudos to you!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I, personally, adore it. There's just something about how you worded this first chapter introduction that calls a craving to your readers.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Okay, I just love your details and description. It interests me so much. It is just so adorable. Very much. And I hope you post some more because I want to read it! Let me know okay, if this is all of it or if there is more. I am so interested.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

288 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2011
Last Updated on May 9, 2011


Author

☯

Wonderland



About
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be,.. more..

Writing
Insanity Insanity

A Story by


Wanderlust Wanderlust

A Poem by


Music Box Music Box

A Poem by