The Blue Stone

The Blue Stone

A Chapter by Summer'sBreeze
"

LOL this may turn out weirder than planned XD

"

A wrong step caused the young boy to trip over something, falling and scraping his knee on the rough ground below. While voices taunted him from the depths of the dark woods.

  “He’s nothing, but a coward.”

  “See! He can’t even keep up.”

  “Go home, baby!”

 Every taunt felt like a lash across the face to the boy. He forced himself up when the sound of their cruel laughter retreated deeper into the forest.

  “Hey! Wait up, you guys!” He called out, running blindly into the underbrush trying to follow the fading footfalls.

  The boy ran until he had to stop, his breath coming out in rapid huffs while he rested upon a neighboring tree.

  Scanning the darkness around him, he hope to catch a glimpse of torchlight or even a touch of light from his village close by. Disappointed he looked up to maybe find a little comfort from the stars above, yet even their bright light couldn’t penetrate the tree’s foliage.

  Why did ever let them bully him into to coming out here at night?

He thought. The boy shouted angrily at the night air. “Because I’m not a coward!”

 All at once the noisy chatter of the night critters ceased as his voice echoed throughout the trees, and now he could hear the distinct sound of approach. The boy spun around to the source just as a black mass jumped from the shadows, pinning him to the ground.

  “Roooaaarrrrr!” The black mass roared into his face. “I’M THE MONSTER LURKING THESE WOODS!”

  “Get off me, Jace!” The boy struggled under the other boy’s weight.

“Fight me then!” Jace, leader of the pack of three, said back, trying to pin the boy’s arms down.

 “I don’t want to fight you.” The young boy replied, pulling his hand free from Jace’s grasp and landing a punch to his nose, just as the other two crashed through the brush. They watch the boy dust his pants off while their leader cupped his hurt nose, both had a look of astonishment on their faces.

  “Nuh-uh, I don’t believe it!” The plumpest one of the bunch exclaimed. “He actually clipped Jace!” While the short one with freckles shook his head. “No way.” He said in awe.

  Jace spat on the ground next to him, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. “Don’t just stand there you idiots.” He growled. “Get him!”

  The boy turned, planning to run but the freckled kid grab his arm while the plump one tackled him head on, sending all three of them into a rock pile.

  “Ouch! Paul your sitting on me!” Protested the freckled kid.

“Well your foot is jammed into my chin!” The plump kid complained.

 “Which one?” The freckled kid mocked. “Because I see three.”

“Take that back, Leroy!” Paul threatened.

 The two bickered back and forth, while the young boy rolled off to the side, trying to ease his hurting backside, and as he did he saw a faint blue glow coming from underneath a shifted rock.

  Making sure the other two were still occupied, the boy tipped the large rock back with one hand while using the other to grab the glowing blue object from underneath.

  His eyes were transfixed on the smooth blue stone in his hand, watching its weird glowing pulse shine in the dark.

  Vaguely the boy paid any attention to the two boys having an all out brawl, or Jace, or even the fact he was out in the woods so late at night. He could barely focus on the rhythmic pulsing rock and the calming feeling running through him.

  “What’s that?” At the sound of Jace’s voice the boy pulled through his stupor, looking up he saw Jace standing just above him.

  Before he could even hide the stone Jace had already swiped it from his hand.

“Hey guys!” Jace called out. “Look at my new rock!”

  Forgetting all about their argument, they came over to see the rock in Jace’s hand.

 “What is that?” Leroy asked, reaching a finger out to touch it, but Jace jerked his hand back.

  “Who cares,” Jace said. “It’s mine.”

“But I found it!” The young boy protested, but the three kids ignored I him.

  “Do you think it’s valuable?” Paul squinted against it’s glow.

“Give it back!” The boy tried making a grab for it only Jace caught him off guard and pushed him down to the ground.

  “Stay down loser.” Jace snapped, rolling the stone in his palm. “What’s this sticky stuff on it?” Jace said suddenly, holding the stone away from him.

  The young boy look at Jace then to the rock, seeing if he was messing with him, but he was right.

  Something long and stringy was hanging onto the blue stone, and the boy wondered how he didn’t see that before.

  “Gross.” Paul said. “Looks like a giant spider web.”

“Well it’s not going to stay on my rock.” He huffed, giving a hard pull.

  Suddenly the night wasn’t filled with the chirps of crickets, instead the forest was filled with a deep, loud rumbling that the young boy could feel vibrating through his body.

  “What did you do?!” Paul and Leroy shouted together.

“It wasn’t me!” Jace panicked, tossing the stone back on the pile which now began to shift and grow.

  All four boys backed away as the rumbling got louder and the rock pile grew to where it towered over ten feet tall.

  The rock mound parted in half, reveling a row of teeth that managed to gleam in this dark place.

  Frightened, the young boy watched as the beast’s mouth parted even wider and in the midst of it was the pulsing blue stone.

  “It…It’s…The…” Jace stuttered. “The…The beast!” He screamed, followed by the rest of his gang. Only the young boy stayed silent, while his eyes took in this horror.

 “Run!” Jace screamed, before taking off with the other two close on his tail, leaving the young boy to himself while he found himself hypnotized by the blue stone.

  “I’m not afraid!” The young boy shouted before the beast’s hungry mouth closed.



© 2012 Summer'sBreeze


Author's Note

Summer'sBreeze
LOL Is this too random or weird? XD

If it is sorry. I was having a little writting contest with my sister where I had to use three things: A dark forest, a kid, and a blue stone, and well...this was the first thing that came to mind. XD

I know that there may be a million mistakes since I didn't think to edit first before I posted. :/

Please tell me if I made a mistake or how I can improve!
Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Haha, yea there's a ton of grammar mistakes. But that's not what matters. The story is pretty cool. Since you were writing this in a contest, I can understand you needed to keep it short, but if you improvised a bit, and put in more description, detailing about the characters and the boy (maybe insert his name somewhere) then this story really could be a masterpiece! It has a lot of potential. And you could most certainly pull it off. :)

Also, you should definitely write a sequel to this or something!! That would be awesome!! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wow lovely story i liked it keep up the good work thank s for sharing it with me

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a really interesting story, the lengths that some people will go to prove that they're not weak, interesting. There weren't any errors, nothing too bad anyways, though it could use a slight bit of proofreading. Great job!


Posted 11 Years Ago


That was really great! I love it! XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow it really cool, i love it!!!!!!!!!!! keep it up! Here i give you one, a girl, a boy and a old chevy truck! Try and see what you come up with!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Haha, yea there's a ton of grammar mistakes. But that's not what matters. The story is pretty cool. Since you were writing this in a contest, I can understand you needed to keep it short, but if you improvised a bit, and put in more description, detailing about the characters and the boy (maybe insert his name somewhere) then this story really could be a masterpiece! It has a lot of potential. And you could most certainly pull it off. :)

Also, you should definitely write a sequel to this or something!! That would be awesome!! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

434 Views
5 Reviews
Added on May 1, 2012
Last Updated on May 11, 2012


Author

Summer'sBreeze
Summer'sBreeze

Stalking Ally's characters, fighting the rebellion with Katniss, Shadowhunting in the Victorian era, fighting titans, hiding in one of the Bandit's closets, jumping over clouds with Jip, wondering how much more can I fit in th, AL



About
***08/01/14*** Heeelllllooooooooo :D Yep, still here WC! I plan on becoming more active so I'm willing to take any read request just shoot a comment/mail my way to do so. I'll be sure to .. more..

Writing