1. The Revealing of the Clique (Amelia)

1. The Revealing of the Clique (Amelia)

A Chapter by AnaMia

Here at the Royal Elite Gymnast Company in New York City, we have weigh-ins every Friday morning at 6AM prompt. It is so stressful to me because I have to get up every morning at 4AM just to make sure that I can make it there in time. Plus, everyday after school I am back there training again...But, I guess thats what it is going to take if I want to make it to the olympics. Hard work, bloody feet, and dedication.

I can say, though that I am very dedicated, as there are different groups in the whole entire gym. These groups are based on how strongly people want to be the best. I am in the top group called the Forbidden Four, dedicated for the top four people who are willing to give up anything and everything just to make it in the top thirty-five in the whole country, but the top four in the gym. The funny thing though, is that everyone in this group has made it into the top at least once in their life.That is because we truely are the hardest working people in the gym. This group is kind of like a clique because we all bond so well together. So, let me introduce the girls.

Jamie: She is a 5 foot 1 87 pound 13 year old who just barely made it into the company. A year ago, when Jamie first entered this company, she had all the will in the world to do whatever it took to make it. She also wanted to be in our clique so bad that she would do whatever it took. Lately though, I have noticed that she has not been working as hard as she could. Well, lets just say that she is lacking the strength and will power it takes to suceed in 5 hour a day practices.

Ali: She is one of my cousins and she is also one of my best friends. She has made it into the top 20 for the past two years, just like me. Right now she is 15 years old and her one and only dream is to make it to the Olympics. Ali knows what it takes, and knows strict dieting is the answer. She lives in upper class society, and gets whatever she wants, yet she cuts from all the pain she has. There is something about Ali that very few people know though. Ali is deaf and she needs a translator to help her out. Thank goodness the coach knows sign language or Alis life as a gymnast would have never happened.

Roza is another one of my best friends. She is like a sister to me. Like Ali she is also a cutter, but she thinks anorexia will help her in the hopes that she would some day be thin. Standing in on our most recent weigh-in, she was 116 pounds and she was told that being only 5 foot 2 she was just barely at the weight she should be. Her new goal is to diet down to at least 105 pounds and if not more. 

Then there is me, Amelia. I am 5 foot 7 and 105 pounds and I am pretty content with my weight for now. I struggled with anorexia in the past and almost died from it, and a mere 72 pounds. It also made me loose my strength and will power to become a world renounded gymnast.I knew that I had to choose between being skinny and being a gymnast so I got checked into a facility, and came out looking so much healthier, and I even felt better.  So for now, I am content with 105, as I am also one of the tallest in the gym. I have a feeling though, that soon, I will have to go on a diet again. I am not feeling very comftorable in my own skin. Like my cousin Ali, I have also been in the top 20 for the past 2 years. I also live in upper class. However, I ask for anything and everything, while Ali never asks for anything. Also, I do not cut. I just want to be thin and pretty and that is all.
 
Now back to reality. Here I am at the REGC in the back of the line. I am worrying about what my weight is going to be since I feel fat, but I know my weight may be lower than it should be. The coach has been telling me that 105 is a wonderful weight since it is all muscle mass, and that there is nothing for me to worry about, yet there is something I do worry about. Now, people who are not into sports could not understand, but how embarassing is it to be in a uniform, then go into a running stance with the feeling of your thighs moving. I absolutely hate it. A couple of the girls, who are not as good as me told me it was all in my head, but then after one of them; Jasmine, was weighed, she ran off crying. The poor girl was up to 132 pounds. If she gets over 140, I think she will no longer be good for gymnastics. Okay, now it is my turn to step on the scale. Okay. Deep breath. deep breath.Omg,no, no this cannot be.... Im 108 pounds! Well, that is more then I thought. I honestly thought that I had lost weight. Well, I guess I am going to have to be careful. I just recovered from anorexia, so I need to make sure not to lose or gain to much of anything. I guess I wil have to wait and see what happens.


© 2010 AnaMia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice, i really like this a lot.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 3, 2010
Last Updated on August 4, 2010