5. New Friends New Feelings

5. New Friends New Feelings

A Chapter by Misty Blue Eyes

Laying on the bed in the guest bedroom i looked out the window, seeing the wind start up and the tree right outside of my big window started to scratch at the window, "let me in its cold out here" it cried to me but i looked away, wanting nothing more then strong arms of Logan around me. 
 Fall had come in swiftly, yanking all the warm out of the town and leaving only a creation of colors on the trees. It had been three weeks since i had really seen Logan he had some work to do down at the city hall and he was either there or in his working room so i decided to see if i could find Cassie. She was laying on one of the couches in the downstairs reading rooms with a soda in one hand and a fairly large book in the other, her head bent towards the inside of the couch as i entered the room she looked over her book, bringing it down slightly to look at me. 
"Hello." i gave a smile to comfort the scared child. She hurried up to her feet but i pressed my finger to my lips as i reached out to her touching her hand. " i only want to talk to you Cassie. Can we talk?" i asked and she sat back down, moving away from me and nodded. she was just as scared as i was. 
"so um." she said pausing as she played with the hem of her shirt before looking back up at me "how do you know Logan?" she asked in a small shy voice
"we went to high school together, him and his sister are very close friends. well use to be but i uh went one way and he went another way." i explained and looked around the huge room with books
I had made new friends with Cassie but she was a very shy person and i was not sure how to open up to her so i took it slow. I was having troubles of my own at night, there were many times i could feel Jason on the bed, strangling me or trying to punch me. i would wake up to Logan holding me and rocking us back and forth , half the time i was grasping for breath, clawing at him if i was still dreaming. One night he had one hell of a time waking me up from one of my night mares. 
I was in a room and Jason was there. It was a very dark room and he had me tied up tightly so i couldn't move at all. he started to whip me, harder and harder. i had hands around my neck from behind as he was hitting me with the whip then threw scolding hot water onto my body, making me scream but the hands around my neck pressed harder around me i was starting to black out. Logan finally got me woken up i winced when i saw the look on his face. he was very disturbed and i had this feeling he wasn't sure if he could help me get through these any more. 
"oh god Logan, my throat it hurts it hurts really bad." i was crying so loud and so hard in his arms that Cassie had woken up and came to see if i was ok. At the age of 18 Cassie was a sweet, gentle, kind hearted and very understanding young girl. She came in slowly and made sure it was ok to be in the room, climbed onto the bed and started to rub my back while Logan held me in his arms. 
"Is there anything i can do for you Rika?" he asked as he puled the covers over my shaking cold sweaty body
"Just stay here, dont leave me please. i dont want to go to sleep any more." i pleaded with him and grabbed Cassie's hand squeezing it lightly that meant i didnt want her to leave either. After a couple of hours i fell asleep in Logan's arms and Cassie had fallen asleep on my lap but as i woke up in the late morning Logan was gone as usual and Cassie was just coming into the bed room with some food for me. 
"Thank you Cassie you didnt have to do that for me." i told her as i moved over in the bed so she could set the tray of food down. 
"Of course i didn't have to but after last night i was sure you didn't want to come down and see any one so i brought you something." she gave me a pretty smile, seeing that her face had healed enough
"so i know we have not talked to one another very much but if you ever want to tell me what happened to you i am here for you just as you have been for me." i told her as i started to eat. Cassie looked away and got up off the bed. 
"maybe im not ready yet. God! why does everyone want me to talk about what happened?" she asked angerly and stormed off. i sat in my bed and ate my breakfast. I finished up and got ready for the day going down to see Logan but as i got closer to his office door i heard him talking but couldnt tell if it was on the phone or if some one was here. the more i listened the more i knew he was on the phone
"I just dont know what to do any more. I was going to see if she would come see you Jane. would you mind talking to her? see what you can get from her?" he asked "thank you Jane. ill see if i cant get her to come over in about two hours. i have to talk to her first." i leaned against the wall, sliding down and trying to hold myself together like i hadn't heard anything.
Logan stayed in his office for a long time and when he finally came out to come find me i looked up at him, a scared little child looking up at hope. 
"Who's Jane? and do i really need to go talk to a shrink?" i asked him as i stayed sitting on the cold hard floor.
"Oh you heard that huh?" he asked sliding down the wall to sit with me "would you like to go talk to her? it might help you with the night mares you are having."
"you are helping me with those Logan. i don't need a shrink to talk to about it. but maybe i will go just to see how it is." i leaned my head against his shoulder and smiled "do you remember the first day we met? we couldnt stop smiling at one another at lunch that day then all through the day when we saw one another we would smile and wave.  Your girl friends thought you were nuts for talking to me." i rolled my eyes and laughed
"i hated being with them all Rika. I really did i wish i would have told you long ago about my feelings Rika. i will always regret loosing you to that monster." he looked down at me and i looked up at him
"Logan you have me now. im never letting you go as long as you never let me go." i reached up and touched his un-shaven facial hair and kissed him lightly on his soft lips. 
"You can count on me Rika. i am never letting you go. Not now that i have you here with me." he smiled out of the corner of his mouth. We sat on the floor for a while longer, content and happy. 
"i guess ill go get ready huh?" i waited for Logan to get up on his feet first and i grabbed his hand getting up slowly. 
"i'll walk you up there." He wrapped his arm around my waist as we walked. 
"you know i think Cassie could use a shrink. have you talked to her about it?" i asked him but he shook his head 
"That was the first thing i did to try to help her cope but she does not want any help from any one. she's been on the streets too long to trust any one."
"that would be a problem then. I thought that maybe if i could talk to her, get her to open up..." i stopped talking when i saw Cassie standing at my door. she didn't look well at all. 
"I need to talk to Rika alone please." she said trying to hold her self up against the door. Logan nodded and i helped her into the bed room, laying her down on the bed. i went and got a cold wash cloth and put it over her head. 
"what happened? Cassie?" i asked as she pulled out a pregnancy test of her pocket and handed it to me......


© 2010 Misty Blue Eyes


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
predictable yes, but freaking amazing. you wrote this well. i knew logan and her were going to end up and blahblahblah. i like Cassie; she sounds like a sweet girl. and DUN DUN DUNNNN. cassie's pregnant...wonderful. o.O and ha. rika has to see a shrink... xD

Posted 13 Years Ago


Bedroom, bathroom are all one word. Also, things are getting to be a little predictable. And the flashback in the middle of the chapter is a little confusing on where it ends.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Would be hell to get over abuse. In real life you would not. Would become part of you. Like war wounds. Abuse stay with your forever. A very strong story. I like the internal conversation and her battle to make sense. You have create a powerful and interesting story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 23, 2010
Last Updated on December 22, 2010


Author

Misty Blue Eyes
Misty Blue Eyes

denver, CO



About
I have a book called Caged and im working on it every day maybe one day i can get it published Googleskins.net - Cool Google Skins I write likeAnnie RiceI Write Like by Mémoires, jou.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Misty Blue Eyes


2 2

A Chapter by Misty Blue Eyes


3 3

A Chapter by Misty Blue Eyes



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..