Immortal Slave 2/ Xavier's Blood Requiem- part 6

Immortal Slave 2/ Xavier's Blood Requiem- part 6

A Chapter by desertraven

Part 6

 

 

Being imprisoned for two grueling centuries, Cassandra had almost forgotten what it felt like to be a royal. Though she was not "locked" inside the castle, she was permitted to venture only to the outskirts of the village below. L’antica didn’t want her to starve to death, only to live out her days in complete isolation, with little chance of conceiving, what could become, the next in line for the La Prima Famiglia throne.

 

If Cassandra bears an offspring, it would insure a bloody uprising throughout the entire Underworld, putting herself, her suitor, offspring and other royals in even greater danger.

 

"My son is immortal, Cassandra, with that, he forewent his ability to reproduce. Should he be the one to break the spell, conception remains out of your reach," remarked Mother, growing more concerned by the minute.

 

"Well...," Cassandra nervously replied, " there is one way..."

 

"Go on..." demanded Mother, hanging on Cassandra’s every word.

 

I chose to remain silent, believing it was best not to wander into this powerful bonding moment.

 

" There is a way for Xavier to regain his ability to reproduce... but.. It could be dangerous," she reluctantly replied. " There is a great possibility, he may not survive the event."

 

"May not survive the event! What is involved in this, event?" Mother blurted in shock.

 

"It is a reversal of immortality."

 

"What! Can he be changed back?" asked Mother.

 

"I would like to say something, before you reply my dear. I had Polio when I was mortal. Wouldn’t a reversal of immortality bring that factor back into play?" I asked gingerly.

 

"Yes, Xavier, there is a chance your Polio would return, turning this into a larger challenge. As for turning him again, well, the Polio factor could complicate matters greatly, making time of the essence..."

 

Mother and I stared at each other with slack jaws. Neither of us could have imagined conceiving would be this involved.

 

"I apologize, Xavier, for not mentioning this beforehand. As of this moment, we still don’t know if you are the one to break the spell..."

 

I shot her a look and said, "Let’s put that to the test, shall we?"

 

 

Cassandra smirked and replied, " Not until after the ceremony..."

 

******************************************************************************

 



© 2008 desertraven


Author's Note

desertraven
ignore errors, just need feedback :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Another pacey read, and a great twist...didn't see it coming at all. The choices a boy has to make for his fair maiden! Don't know if you need to put a bit of down time into the story somewhere, seems to be all action. It could fill out the chapters a little and give us more detailed backstory. Just an idea - I love the read as is too.

Hugs, Mystic

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Another pacey read, and a great twist...didn't see it coming at all. The choices a boy has to make for his fair maiden! Don't know if you need to put a bit of down time into the story somewhere, seems to be all action. It could fill out the chapters a little and give us more detailed backstory. Just an idea - I love the read as is too.

Hugs, Mystic

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yikes, Polio! Ah the wretchedness of spells, always a trick in there somewhere! I love how the women are having their bonding moment which explodes into a "what the hell are you trying to do to my son" moment! lol Very funny!! Wait....they didn't have the ceremony yet? Darn it, I thought they had, based on their not "consumating" in the cave. I know, I know, that's what I get for coming in in the middle!! Sorry!! Good stuff.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Events that could shatter otherworldly empires rest in the decisions of these two night crawling kids in love. I want to follow this story as it progresses, it's very captivating.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

omg im excited I MUST HAVE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heh n_n U kno I love ur writings.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 30, 2008
Last Updated on March 30, 2008


Author

desertraven
desertraven

Longview, TX



About
My name is Sandra Ferrara Gentry. I am a writer, artist and no longer a stay at home mom. I went back to work in the restaurant business. I'm 44, a mother of 3 daughters, Samantha 23 , Kayla 19 and Ke.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Freedom Kiss Freedom Kiss

A Poem by Z.Silas