Mystic Awakenings -Intro

Mystic Awakenings -Intro

A Chapter by desertraven

Mystic

 

 

 

Written and Illustrated by: Sandra Ferrara Gentry

2006

 

 

 

 

Table

 

 

 

 

 

 

of Contents"

Awakening #4

" Graduation"

 

 

 

 

 

Acknowledgments

 

 

First and foremost, I’d like to thank my family for providing me with the inspiration I needed to write this book. My daughters, Samantha, Kayla and Kelly have influenced the development of the younger, female characters and have proven to me that, they are in fact, very good listeners. My husband, Kenneth, for the patience and support I required for this life changing experience, during those moments of temporary insanity, along with buying the new computer in which this book was created on. For my parents, Mickey and Shirley Ferrara, that have lovingly read and critiqued rough drafts and have been the "sounding boards" in which I needed as well. For my three brothers, Michael, John and Dominick Ferrara, whose influence helped in the development of the older, male characters.

 

A few "special thanks" to my dearly departed best friend of 23 years, Mrs. Tammy James LeBlanc, for encouraging me to write a book since December of 1980, when we first met at the bus stop on Martinique and Driftwood and became life long friends. To Anami Beamen and her family, for being the friendly firecrackers that believed in my ability to accomplish this goal.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Introduction

 

Meet Sarah Duke. She’s a fifteen-year-old, high school student, attending Mystic High. She has been a star member of the school Track Team for over a year. She has an average, teenage life, with an average family. Her best friend for the past seven years-Mica, and her brother Mike live around the corner. Both families attend the First Baptist Church of Mystic every Sunday. Sarah and her sister-Sadie have grown up in the small, quiet, seaside town of Mystic, never having traveled outside the town limits. One cool, Autumn evening, without warning, change ripples threw Mystic and begins with Sarah.

 

Suddenly, Sarah finds herself embarking on incredible dream journeys that begin the "awakening" process within her. She meets an entity, a creature, the Dreamweaver, who is responsible for her summonsing. The Dreamweaver is desperate and needs Sarah’s special skills to defeat the infamous evildoer in order to break the spell he cast upon her centuries ago. Sarah becomes reintroduced to her mystical, warrior powers that she mastered in past lives, as well as rediscovering the remaining two-thirds of her Evil quenching trio through the careful guidance of the Dreamweaver.

 

Sarah finds upon here return home, that the winds of change had begun to blow. Sarah’s not-so-new enemies from her past lives begin to surface, in addition to discovering her new, powerful league of allies. However, her allies have certain "connections" to the evildoer. She must then decide if she is to defeat the evildoer at all cost and risk turning her allies into collateral damage . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Acknowledgments

 

Introduction

 

Awakening#1

"Meet the Dreamweaver"

 

Awakening #2

" 16"

 

Awakening #3

" Changes

 

Awakenings



© 2008 desertraven


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 6, 2008


Author

desertraven
desertraven

Longview, TX



About
My name is Sandra Ferrara Gentry. I am a writer, artist and no longer a stay at home mom. I went back to work in the restaurant business. I'm 44, a mother of 3 daughters, Samantha 23 , Kayla 19 and Ke.. more..

Writing