Mystic Awakenings-Ch5

Mystic Awakenings-Ch5

A Chapter by desertraven

Sarah fell into another dream journey. This time would be different. This time, she would get the answers that plagued her very soul. "Sasha is going to clear up some unanswered questions!" Sarah found herself descending on the deck of the massive vessel she had boarded on her last visit. The seas were calm, however, the fog was thick and heavy. "Sasha," Sarah called out. "Sasha, where are you?" she called out again. "Here Child, down here," Sasha answered.

 

Sarah made her way down the creaky, wooden stairs and into the Captain’s quarters. There again, Sasha had lit candles and the oil lantern. Without a word, she handed Sarah her animal fur and sat her down. Sasha knew instinctively Sarah’s next words. "Before you say a word Child, I know what you want. So, listen and take heed . . . " Sarah obediently sat and listened to Sasha.

 

"Your connection to Mica began centuries ago. Your instinct was correct. You needed to meet Mica. Mica is more than a simple protégé. She was and still is the voice of reason and not to be mistaken with a ‘yes man’. She has kept you from making what could have been some ‘fatal mistakes’. She has accepted what you have told her about her father, only because, deep in her soul, she already knew who and what he really is."

 

Stunned this information, Sarah was again, wide-eyed and speechless. "As for the symbolic tattoo you saw on Jake’s right forearm, it is a Clan identifying tattoo. It’s given only to upper level henchmen, if you will. As for seeing it somewhere before, it was carved along with many others, into your castle floor. It was one of your unique ways of Celebrating your victories, by carving the Clan ID symbol into your floor of those ‘evils’’ you have conquered. As for the unsavory behavior change in your friend Jake, your instincts were correct again. What was in the Lighthouse was not Jake."

 

"Then who was it?" questioned Sarah. "I can tell you only this . . . Gilliam is not the only evil you must battle." Sarah tried to get a word in edge wise, but Sasha cut her off with, "I will tell you more upon the need to know basis. Go now, and Godspeed." Sarah felt that familiar shove backwards. She felt as odd sense of relief as she for the first time, actually enjoyed the flying high above it all. She began to spin and sway side to side, flipping and spinning. She smiled and laughed aloud.

 

Months passed quickly from that night, without a single dream journey. No midnight summons from Sasha, which left Sarah conflicted. She was relieved to not have her sleep interrupted, however, she was concerned what has happened to keep Sasha at bay. Confused and doubting her sanity again, she wondered if this was nothing more than just a horrible dream. It would be impossible for her best friend’s father to be her sworn enemy . . . or would it? The deja vu factor was making her doubt herself "This situation is hauntingly familiar, but why?" Her life seemed perfectly surreal. She hoped the situation would not have a detrimental effect on the approaching holidays.

 

She invited Mica to shop for Christmas gifts with her at the mall. Their relationship had been a little strained lately. She hoped the shopping trip might remedy that. After a slight hesitation on Mica’s part, the two met up to shop. The wedge between them was apparent. They didn’t feel like they did, prior to the dream journeys and all the drama it has brought into their lives. Watching the elaborate holiday display in the center of the mall, Sarah recalled the spirit of the season. She started to feel the warmth and excitement of the holiday cheer. Her heart filled with the anticipation of Christmas morning and the gift possibilities. Oh, it made her smile. Her eyes sparkled from the chasing, blinking lights that adorned the entire mall.

 

Mica noticed the shift in Sarah’s disposition and a smile came from deep in her heart. "There she is . . . it’s been a long time, Girl!" Sarah and Mica glanced at each other and hugged, like two long, lost friends. With her eyes as wide as saucers and excitement oozing from every pore, Mica exploded, "Sarah, let’s go shopping!" The girls jumped up and down, holding hands and squealing, as only teenage girls would. They ran off into the direction of their favorite music store to pick up the hottest new CD’s.They shopped, hugged and reminisced about old times. Sharing each others frozen yogurt and giggling, it was as if they had forgotten about the recent drama that wedged them apart. As they sat on the edge of the fountain, Mica watched Sarah smile contently and grow quiet.

"Sarah . . . Sarah . . . what’s going on?" There was no response from Sarah. She nudged her repeatedly, "Sarah...Sarah . . . Sarah!" SNAP!

 

Sarah snapped awake, sweaty and startled. She slammed her right hand down on the snooze button. "Six A.M." she mumbled. "Gotta get ready for the track meet." She showered and slicked her hair into a ponytail, slipped on her uniform and galloped downstairs to the kitchen. She grabbed a glass of orange juice. As she wrapped her hands around the glass, the moment suddenly turned surreal and things began to move in slow motion. She looked around in shock. Her mouth fell open as the thought raced through her mind . . . "Could it be? Was it all just a dream? The glass slipped from her hand and crashed on the tile floor. She glanced down at the broken glass, then raised her eyes. She saw Gary Beck walking on the sidewalk, passing her kitchen window. She followed him with her eyes, as he smirked and walked on by...



© 2008 desertraven


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on April 6, 2008


Author

desertraven
desertraven

Longview, TX



About
My name is Sandra Ferrara Gentry. I am a writer, artist and no longer a stay at home mom. I went back to work in the restaurant business. I'm 44, a mother of 3 daughters, Samantha 23 , Kayla 19 and Ke.. more..

Writing