Work

Work

A Story by shawneemckee
"

Another very short story, on the thoughts running through some people's heads as they start work.

"
It's the beginning of another long day. She sat down eagerly to diligently begin her next batch of work for the day. She thought of all the things she could be doing right now: spending time with her family, researching for her next book or article, or the favorite, relaxing on the sofa with a glass of wine and some music. She sighed as she reminded herself, "The only reason why you're able to do all of those things is because you go to work every day." Honestly, she loves her work; today is just one of those days that called out to her, beckoned her anywhere but here. It was a warm summer day, plenty of sunshine, and not too hot. Almost the perfect kind of day for a swim or to lay out on a towel with some sun tan lotion. Not that she ever did that kind of thing anyway, too much work to be done.

© 2013 shawneemckee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on April 10, 2013
Last Updated on April 10, 2013
Tags: work, wandering thoughts, leisure

Author

shawneemckee
shawneemckee

Auburn, AL



About
I'm currently attending secondary school to someday become a paralegal. I write during my free time and I really enjoy the subject. more..

Writing