Short Story of Dreaming: One

Short Story of Dreaming: One

A Story by shawneemckee
"

A very short fairy tale fantasy experience of a princess in her dreams.

"

Victoria lay down gracefully on the silken sheets. Her knight in shining armor was due to pick her up soon, but she wanted to rest awhile. It's been a long day: sewing lessons, cooking lessons, tennis, and then showering and cleaning up for her big date tonight. As her whole body started to relax, her eyes started to close and her subconscious slowly overtook her....

She awoke next to a dry riverbed, no water in sight. Standing quickly as not to get dirt on her dress, Victoria looked around her, seeing nothing but cracked, dried mud and desolate sandy dunes. Suddenly, a booming voice echoes around her, “Victoria, you have never seen one of these before. It is called a desert, one of the driest places in the world." Victoria nodded her head, not feeling afraid at all, but just a little bit intrigued by the sudden turn of events. As she took a step forward, placing her foot on the ground, an icy chill crept up her body, starting in her toes. She looks around her again and sees that she is floating on an ice cap in the middle of the ocean! She crosses her arms and attempts to keep warm. The booming voice echoes again, “Victoria, you have not seen one of these before either. You are currently standing on an ice cap in the middle of the Arctic. This is one of the coldest places in the world." Victoria nodded a second time, acknowledging the voice again. She took one step forward, expecting her environment to change, and when it didn't she took another step. As she put weight on her feet, she fell forward; there was nothing for her feet to stand on! She looked around as she fell, nothing but blue skies and clouds falling slowly alongside her. Slowly she started to feel the sensation of the sheets on her back, the feather pillow under her neck.

She heard a faint sound of a bell ringing downstairs, her mother's signature beckoning. Jumping out of bed, Victoria rushed downstairs as her memory of the upcoming date surfaced. Once she reached the bottom of the stairs, she saw her mother standing beside the most handsome man she's ever seen, her knight in shining armor, her prince charming. Taking her hand into his, the prince led her outside into the horse drawn carriage and they drove away into the sunset.

© 2013 shawneemckee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have to say, this was an adorable story with Victoria's dream telling here were she was because she had not seen these. I think the ending is alright, but I would have gotten a giggle if she decided to get on a plane and see what she saw in her dream up close. In all, a lovely piece with great descriptions.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The beginning was great, you have great skill and I was really intrigued. However the ending falls flat. I was expecting some twist ending, something unexpected but instead I got a rather dull ending. This is a great beginning piece but you should change the ending or add to it. Just my thoughts. Overall good job

Posted 11 Years Ago


I have to say, this was an adorable story with Victoria's dream telling here were she was because she had not seen these. I think the ending is alright, but I would have gotten a giggle if she decided to get on a plane and see what she saw in her dream up close. In all, a lovely piece with great descriptions.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2013
Last Updated on April 10, 2013
Tags: dreaming, princess, sleeping

Author

shawneemckee
shawneemckee

Auburn, AL



About
I'm currently attending secondary school to someday become a paralegal. I write during my free time and I really enjoy the subject. more..

Writing