I want to live before i die

I want to live before i die

A Chapter by sheenara
"

Generation x sorry i know that not all of the chapters before this are not up yet, im working on it.

"

 

I can handle this” her arms fell to her side. Her hair created a shroud around her face momentarily hiding it from the rest of us. But as she looked up tears flowed down her face. “I can’t do this anymore… I quit.” The temperature seemed to drop slightly in the room, I could feel the fire that her spirit being put out start to be put out.
                “What do you mean you quit!” Krystal’s tone was serious, and not her usual carefree self.
                “I mean I’m done I can’t take this anymore.” She paused dropping her gaze to the floor. “I’m scared… aren’t you?”
                Krystal inhaled, and stood up slowly and walked towards her. She stopped in front of her and bent down on one knee. Ali’s face still unable to look any of us in the face. Krystals left hand extended out and gently raised her chin until the two looked each other directly in the eyes. “We’ve been friends since before I can even remember, and despite everything we’ve gone through we’ve always been there for each other.” She paused as the stared at each other. “I guess all good things have to come to an end,” her right hand came out before anyone had time to react and left an imprint across her left check.   The two hung in their follow through (Krystal’s right arm pulled her body over to the ground, and Ali eyes stared fixed at the spot her friend had once been). Even though I was unable to see her face, I could tell that Krystal had started to cry by her voice, “You still have a job to do, you can’t just abandon us. You don’t think I know that’s its hard! There’s a hundred different things I’d rather being doing than this. I had my whole life planned out. Go to school, open my own salon, find a rich man, marry him and have a bunch of kids that’s it, but look at how its changed. It’s not that I still don’t want that, it’s just that we all have a responsibility and were the only ones who can do it…and I plan on keeping everyone safe.”
                “Krystal… leave her alone. If she wants to go, that’s her own decision. She not bound by any contract, anyone can leave at anytime.”
                “Are you joking me?” She stared to pull herself off of the ground, “She’s the reason you almost died!
                “No she’s not. Me getting hurt was on my own behalf and no one else’s.” I started to pull myself up, despite the throbbing pain throughout my side. “I know your mad, but try and think rationally…” I could see the separate pain in both of their eyes as I sat up. I don’t think its so much of a
                “I just…I just” Ali fumbled with her words.
                “She just wants to live before she dies” I flatly stated. Everyone was already shocked by the fact that I had stepped out of my shell and said anything to try and stop the quarrel at all. I titled my head and playfully smiled trying to break the tension in the room. “And I don’t blame her, Krystal.   You said it yourself, all of our lives have changed dramatically, because of the cards life dealt us, but we all choose to stay in the game. I might have been unconscious for a while, but I don’t remember ever signing any blood contract saying that we couldn’t fold and get out at any time. The only person who knows what’s right for you at any moment is you…” I thought about what I had said and laughed, “well and I guess if someone’s counting cards then they would be able too.” I paused again thinking about the seriousness of my attempted moral. “But in the game of life the only one who would be possibly be able to accomplish such a feat… would be a god… “
                 “God… seriously you of all people should know.”  A smile slid across krystals face as she looked at me. “You think you can make me change my mind by talking like that, if anything, my faith is one of those things I’m sure of. Gods don’t exist, there just something made to give people hope, and false hope at that!” Taking a breath she realized the stares that she was receiving from everyone in the room. Marnie looked at her solemnly her, prayer book still resting on her lap. “All I’m saying is that what really matters is the here and now, and letting her leave would just jeopardize our lives even more! This isn’t some day job you can just quit on whim, it’s our god damn responsibility, because were the only ones that are capable of doing it!”
                “You don’t that.” I said as calmly as possible.
                Silence filled the air again. I knew if I pushed Krystal any harder she would want to fight someone seriously. “The only ones capable of doing it” I thought to myself and the only word that came to mind was naïve. But the silence was abruptly broken as the door to the room opened.
                “Hello! Sorry to bunt in but I’m afraid I have a scheduled meeting with someone who has a gaping hole in their side, so everyone who doesn’t fall under that category is going to have to ship out for a while.” We all looked at him curiously for a second, unable to decide if he was joking or not, that was until he motioned with a flick of his wrist towards door. I leaned back against the pillow as the rest of them slowly trailed out the door. He had obviously been listening outside. The doctor plopped down in the chair next to my bed and began to flip though the clip board. “Well, now that’s a little bit better. I was afraid I was going to have to be tending to cat scratches all evening. So, what do you say we get this show on the road.  I’m going to have to have you lay back down again, so I can take a better look.”
                “Okay”
                I pulled myself back down again and allowed the doctor to do his work. From what I could tell, he was in his forties and gave off one of those over excited father vibes. His sandy colored hair had started to show the hardships of his work along his temple. He lifted my shirt up and paused momentarily looking at the wound. “You know that scar tissue really saved you some time in the hospital… if not you life. What did you say it was from again?” he questioned as his cold fingers danced gently along my skin as felt along the stitching.
                “I fell off of a roof two years ago and a fence post broke my fall.” I said sarcastically.
                “A fence post huh,” he pushed against my bottom ribs, and the pain made me cringe. “I never new fence posts made such clean cuts.”
                I drew back slightly. How on earth could he tell, I had never told anyone the truth and it had even been written in the files that the roof was my tragic accident. But I didn’t know what to say, what if he actually couldn’t tell and was just surprised about the directness of the cut.
                “So…” he paused as he pulled shirt back down and started to pull of the latex gloves. “What’s the real story?”
                “What are you talking about?” I bit my tongue to try and keep from giving any clues away from my facial expressions.
                “You can tell me, trust me I’ve seen worse than this. Not too many live people with this deep of cut, but still I’ve seen them. They must not have told you but the reason that no other doctors have been able to really see your file, is because I’m one of five doctors that have been hired out to keep my mouth shut about things like this. My only job is to keep you guys alive and then pretend that nothing ever happened.”
                I looked down at the bed and started to pull the sheets back up, not knowing what to say.
                “You don’t have to tell me any details I just need to know what it was, so I know what in your bodies already been all tore up.” He smiled at me broadly and began again, “well if you don’t want to do it the easy way there are other methods.” He turned around and pulled another pair of gloves out of the box and snapped both of them on. “I guess I’m going to have to do an extremely detailed examination. Let’s say we start with the ribs!”            
“It’s from a sword!” I squeaked, “It was a clean cut in and out and the date on the files and everything else is pretty accurate.” He started laugh, obviously enjoying his power over me far too much.


© 2009 sheenara


Author's Note

sheenara
Hey everyone, tell me what you think or if you see some dumb mistake that i did feel free to tell me! Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Once again, a great chapter, though the rush of characters is pretty confusing.
All the names had my mind jumbled up as to who's who, who's good, bad, etc.
The line "You don't that" confused me as well, it seemed more of a fragment or something.
Clear those things up if possible, and you're on the road to a great novel!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 25, 2009
Last Updated on November 25, 2009


Author

sheenara
sheenara

About
MySpace Music Playlist at MixPod.com Hey everyone!!! Name: Sheenara Age: 18 Favorite Books: The seekers, The poisonwood Bible, anything Sherlock Holmes, the Hannibal Lector series, Memoirs.. more..

Writing
Gaurdians Gaurdians

A Book by sheenara


Darkness Darkness

A Chapter by sheenara