Last words to you (lexi)

Last words to you (lexi)

A Story by sheza
"

My wonderful lexi passed tragically. we were moving not long after the day i wrote this.. so i felt it was the way to let her go...

"

Last words to you (Lexi)

 

You were sitting there by the front door, waiting for me to arrive home, so now I have to have the feeling you did to.

It pains me in my heart to know it’s only going to be one cat now, not 2. The pain of knowing you won’t return, I cannot put my mind to rest, It makes me feel defeated it makes me yearn, It feels like this is not reality just some game, some silly test.   

But there was a phone call that told me you were hit by 2. There was nothing I could say, Being an hour away. And nothing I could do.

 Just a very un-fortunate chance of bad luck. Unfortunately you were not the lucky chicken, just the very silly duck.

 So I sit here and wait with you. Because I can’t find the last words in my heart. I’ve said goodbye one thousand times. But I still seem to fall apart.

The excruitationg pain you felt, I cannot even comprehend it in my mind.  All that is left is your grave and your collar you left behind.

Taken at nearly 3 years old because I should have kept you in side, but I need to let go and know you’re happy now you found your wings to glide.

Everyone still calls for you, your family, birds, friends, myself. We keep longing for you.. Wishing you could help.

Tiger is lost and doesn’t know what to do.. The night he knew you passed his eyes bottled with tears. Just to let you know he loved you through all those annoying years.

The birds still squawk waiting to swoop you as you go outside. What are they going to do now? you left them all behind.

 

We just hope you are happy because that’s all we ever wished for you. And I hope you knew that and felt it to.

We miss your cuddles and the curtness of your face, something time will not erase.’

I used to hate cleaning cause id pack up your toys only for you to bring them back at my feet. You were always around my wonderful annoying   little sheep.

The sound pf your silent meow when you wanted to come in, there was always a voice inside you. Deep somewhere within.

You were always so quiet so it’s strange the house feels empty with you gone.

Black silky fur and cute mouse nose. It was a pleasure to watch you play and grow.

So innocent and fragile filled with such joy and grace. No one will ever take your place.

Everyone knows just how unique you are. So we can see why you’re up there angel, your one unique little star.

So for every tear that is shed. Is another word I should have said?

A pet is a pet… so people think the pain will pass. But you were a very special child to me. Taken young and way to fast.

Lexi you were a pain but oh such a pleasure, my heart must go on but I will love you very much, and cherish you, forever.

© 2016 sheza


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on January 27, 2016
Last Updated on January 27, 2016

Author

sheza
sheza

Australia



Writing
I Grew UP I Grew UP

A Poem by sheza