A place to call home

A place to call home

A Poem by sheza


My bricks, my house. my house, my home.
You cannot break them down, I'd rather feel alone.
Every brick represents it's truth to what is done.
you may think that I have lost, being cooped up in this house of darkness  but to me  I think I have won.
you see my troubles on these bricks. Truth, lies and pain  only stay the same old, therefore 
I have no more to gain.
If I block out worlds existence of love, happiness and receiving I don't get what comes with them all.
therefore my brick house will never add onto, nore shall it ever fall.
I am strong in my armour protected and I do not lust for more.
that was until I met you and my bricks started to wear,  the thought of someone getting in my house. was a pain I couldn't bare.
 see my house protects me with its bricks and all that lies within.  if you broke it down after my 8 years of building, that would not be a win.
See my brain thinks with logic, to protect my heart from what it can't see. but my heart see's hope with the light that shines through, and is excited for what's next in time to brew.
 my nose smells this, the air with the gap through those bricks. you are slowly getting in with those little inky tricks.
you do this with new love, new trust and new pain. You show my heart the good in the gaining of these things.
 but my poor tired brain just see's these broken wings.
  My eyes though, my eyes!  they see joy when I look at you,
 My knight who will now pick me up, and rebuild with me  what was broke. when he swooped in from above.
I'm scared of that thought. being cooped up in my home, to now vulnerable and free, that 
I certainly did not want anyone to see.
However love is tender. It's good whilst it last but what if it shall break? I'm hoping it won't cause I see something different and don't want  a new ache.
with love comes receiving that I sure have to learn as I've only ever received bad. but with you its different, I'm not so sad.
happiness scares me and  I don't know how I shall feel, sometimes I pinch myself and ask, is love really real? 
I sure hope it is otherwise I cannot explain how I felt this day, the day you broke my house down and stole my heart. you carry my old bricks now, and we shall I hope never part.

© 2019 sheza


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on June 4, 2019
Last Updated on June 4, 2019

Author

sheza
sheza

Australia



Writing
I Grew UP I Grew UP

A Poem by sheza