I Grew UP

I Grew UP

A Poem by sheza


Mummy mummy!," She heard the crying call, I cannot sleep do you hear them all. "There's nothing here my dear it's time to sleep," "but mummy, mummy," I'd weep, weep, and weep. "Check the closet and under the bed." "I can hear them, I can hear them, it's not in my head". "My dearest, my dearest you need some rest, It seems those imaginary monsters are putting you're mind to the test." She was so cynical back then I thought. Despairingly I made her look for answers, quite distraught. She told me not to worry, for she would always be there. However it did not make me feel safer, cause she didn't seem to care. 'Hear me! 'hear me!' There are monsters in my room! She better hurry, They are remarkably fast and going to take me soon. I'd cry and fight and sleep with a light on. However, that only could last for oh so little not long. Soon enough I got some rest, Then I grew up and it put my mind to the test. 'Mother, oh mother.' I still feel the dark. The light is on, but they never seem to part. I feel restless and hopeless like I'm loosing the fight, but I do not look for the monsters anymore, or the light. Cause you were right mother, but you were also wrong. "You are right", " you are right", they are not under my bed. However, you are wrong mother, you are wrong, for I fight them in my head. "Mother, mother!" She heard the crying call, but she was to late, she lost me, and got to keep them all.

© 2018 sheza


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on April 16, 2018
Last Updated on April 16, 2018

Author

sheza
sheza

Australia



Writing