Bread and butter

Bread and butter

A Poem by sheza
"

Just a little emotional rant really

"
Bread and butter


How much longer can I keep spreading myself to thin.
Like a jar of butter that keeps being spread on a sandwich over and over. Eventually it gets so bad you can't even taste the bread anymore, just the horrible taste of butter it sort of becomes sour and u cant taste the sweet.
A small layer is fine it teaches us wisdom, generosity and kindness but to much weight the bread just becomes soggy. And no one wants that but the only reason they keep it sometimes, is because they have nothing else Or noone Else that will carry there weight. Except the capable sandwich that they don't realise is not so capable anymore. If it worked like weight loss and the butter spread melted off my skin I'd be skinny but so bad to anorexic so in a way I never really get what I want or What I need to be happy, It's actually kind of the opposite. Instead of the shedding its the gaining. The constant stress eating Kind of how it feels in my head and heart aswell, but hey I'm the bread that everyone wants right? Isn't that a great thing? People want you. But that isn't true is it? Just like butter they need the bread and that is all I am. The butter to the spread. Soon I'll be overcooked toast. Hopefully someone will want that.
At least I can then say goodbye to being bread. But I dont think I'll ever get rid of that nasty spread. Unfortunate that bread and butter just do go together. Sometimes I wish it wasn't history forever. But I think I'll always just be the bread.

© 2019 sheza


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this. It tells a story in the form of a huge metaphor. I hope you are able to make peace with yourself because you are probably beautiful

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sheza

5 Years Ago

Awww thanks so much! :) your review means alot.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
1 Review
Added on January 10, 2019
Last Updated on January 10, 2019

Author

sheza
sheza

Australia



Writing
I Grew UP I Grew UP

A Poem by sheza