7: She Also Donates Blood to Orphans

7: She Also Donates Blood to Orphans

A Chapter by Magic Toast
"

Continuing her adventure, Ace drinks the most deliciously brewed cup of coffee she ever had. Oh, and meets another deitan or something.

"

Ace had made it to Maine in one piece after Cambell attacked her.  Unlike before when she unleashed her power she was feeling more energized and didn’t need too much rest.  After a night in a motel she was ready to find the private jet the mysterious man told her about.  But first, coffee!

She entered a local Starbucks and ordered something.  After getting her drink she sat down and looked at the folder the man gave her.  There were few people in there so it was safe to look.  The documents didn’t give too much personal information on other people like Ace, deitans, but they did document powers and regional whereabouts.  According to the documents, a deitan lived in this city.   Someone who can control the ground beneath them.  The one thing Ace noticed about each of the deitans listed is that they all have some form of power- one can control water, another lightning.  One in a lab can control the weather.  But what was Ace’s power?  She was fast and strong and could fly, but for the majority of deitans this seemed to be standard.  So what made her unique?   The question didn’t eat away at her as much as killing an innocent life, but she was curious nonetheless.  Ever since she discovered her ability to use energy projectiles and the ghost of what she believed to be God assisting her, she wondered what more could she do.  And by that degree, what her special power was.

An explosion in the distant knocked her out of a trance.  Along with the small crowd in the store, Ace rushed outside to see the commotion.  A wrecking ball had become unbalanced and crashed into a nearby building.  The driver was dangling out the door, screaming for help while parts of the hit building began to crumble and fall.  Ace was about to jump into action when suddenly an earthquake from behind her shook the ground in a straight line before unleashing pillars of rock.  The pillars held up both the unbalanced machine and the larger chunks of the destroyed building.  Out of the corner of her eye Ace noticed a woman and jumped onto the pillar and was helping the man.  How anyone could get onto a pillar 30 feet in the air was beyond her until a large piece of the building began to fall on the public below.  The girl, with a single hand, made a motion that magically forced a large wall of earth from the ground to catch the building.  She slid down the pillar and let the man escape before dashing in on a sled of rock.  With both hands she made more motions that shoved the wall high into the air, only to have her follow.  On top of the wall she worked her way into the crushed building.  Moments later, another larger pillar rose up to her location and five people came out with her, the woman supporting them all.  She gently lowered the pillar with the people down, gently lowered the wall with the rubble down, and brought any extra pillars back to earth slowly, as to not cause any more damage.  The only pillars that remained supported the wrecking ball and a side of the building.  Even the destroyed concrete sidewalks were patched with a few gentle hand movements.

The crowd cheered as the woman came forward, giving Ace a chance to see her.  The woman was fairly tall, easily six feet.  Her black hair shined in the sun and went all the way to her hips.  Her tan skin gave Ace the impression she was of Native American descent, but her clothes were as plain as possible- a simple blue t-shirt and matching jeans with wear on the knees.  But none of this compared to what Ace noticed most of all- the woman was unfathomably overweight.  Her entire being must have been about 400 pounds, carried mostly in her massive round stomach and large breasts.  The noticeable muscle in her thick legs and arms were overtaken by fat, making her look soft and squishy.  Even her shirt barely covered her stomach!  Ace was dumbfounded.

As the crowds around her began to cheer, a man in his mid forties approached her along with a younger man in his twenties with spiked red hair, shorter than Ace’s.  He was noticeably shorter than the large woman but still taller than Ace.  The younger man kissed the woman and put his arm around her as best he could while the older man went up and shook her hand.

“Alex, yet again you have helped this fair city overcome disasters that without you would ruin us.”  The old man said.

“Just doing what I can, mayor sir.” The woman replied.  Her voice was low but smooth.  It was the kind of voice you enjoyed listening to.

“Indeed, you’ve done too much.  That’s why, in honor of your heroic deeds, we will hold a celebration tomorrow in the city park to commemorate everything you’ve done for us!”  The idea was met with roaring applause.  Ace tried to scream “Oh bullshit!” over it but was drowned out.  The crowd followed Alex and the mayor as they went on to discuss the specifics of the event, with the group slowly dwindling as people returned to their normal lives with yet another amazing story of the woman with god-like powers that protected their city.  Ace pulled over one of the citizens and demanded he tell her who this obese show-stopper was.

The man explained.  Two years ago a young woman appeared in their town and began helping whenever a natural disaster occurred.  If a fire broke out, she smothered it.  If there was an earthquake, she negated it.  Even in the crazy event of a giant reptile rising from the ocean and attacking, she fought back.  Word of this was spread worldwide, but Ace never watched the news.  At first people were afraid, even disgusted by her.  But as time went on and she helped more and more, people soon grew to love the woman like a guardian angel.  Alex never asked for anything in return.  She was given a place to live along with her boyfriend, was given a fairly nice budget to help pay bills and other expenses, and was met with a wave of popularity rivaled only by the biggest stars of Hollywood, yet she never asked for any of it.  What made it even more amazing was how modest Alex remained through it all.  Ace’s frown grew with each word the man said until he went his way.  While Ace was getting yelled at by the government, and worse her father, this….this fat b***h was living the high life, with a boyfriend no less.  She was going to that celebration tomorrow, but not for the reasons other people were.



© 2011 Magic Toast


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the fact that you hint that Ace may go out and look for the others with strange powers. What made me most intrigued was the one that can control weather that is being held in a lab, if I read it correctly. That one might give Ace some trouble reaching, which will make meeting that one most interesting out of all the others in my opinion. Wonderful job, kind of short compared to the others.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 2, 2011
Last Updated on December 2, 2011


Author

Magic Toast
Magic Toast

Kirkland, WA



Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Magic Toast