The Test

The Test

A Chapter by Jelly Shot
"

Harper discovers if she's not or is pregnant.

"
Looking down at something she did not want to see. Harper looked at the box, then back at the iteam in her hand. She gulped for air then stood from the toilet seat. She opened the bathroom door and saw her best friend, Bessie, biting her lower lips as she paced. Bessie froze when she saw Harper. Harper's face was whiter than a ghost. She sat on the nearest chair and sobbed.
      "I'm... not..." Harper's voice trailed off as she threw the pregnancy test at the wall. Bessie walked to her side rubbing her back. "I-I don't know how to react." Harper admitted as she place her hand on top of her stomach. "I guess I actually wanted..." her voice trailed off again looking in the distance.
     Bessie sighed and whispered, "What are you gonna tell Johnny?" Bessie bent on her knees so she could see Harper's face. "Will he be happy?"
     Harper shrugged and wiped her tears. "Only one way to find out. I have to tell him tomorrow at school." she sighed and closed her eyes trying to get the sadness away. "Bes, I wanted a baby... I know it's stupid, but once I thought I was pregnant I thought how wonderful to have a small child to teach from right to wrong, and have this certain chemistry with." she looked at her hand and continued, "I must sound stupid, huh?"
     "No sweetie... I would be the same. I mean you're only fourteen, Harper. You shouldn't have had sex, first of all, and secondly, you must prepare yourself in case the pregnancy test misread it."
     "How?" Harper looked at Bessie closely as Bessie thought of an answer. Before she could answer, Bessie's mom knocked on the door. "Hide the pregnancy test!" Harper whispered.
     Bessie stood and ran to the wall where Harper had thrown it at. Then she walked up the door and sighed, "Hey mom, we're in a middle of something, can you come back later?" Bessie's voice was soft and calm whenever she spoke to her mother.
     "Hm, what seems to be the matter?" Mrs. Benson asked peeking through.
    "Just some boy trouble. Please mom, Harper is a little embarrassed right now." Bessie said still in the same tone.
     "Alright sweetie. I hope Harper is okay."
     "I will be." Harper piped up.
    Mrs. Benson walked away and Bessie turned and looked at Harper sorrowfully. "I hope so."
     "Trust me... I will be." Harper heard the doubt in her voice. She bit her lower lip and stared out the window. "Eventually."


© 2010 Jelly Shot


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the way you opened this. You got an immediate reaction from me. Going to the next chapter now :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice opening chapter. Can't wait to read more(:

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 3, 2010
Last Updated on November 3, 2010


Author

Jelly Shot
Jelly Shot

PA



About
Learning about me just simply read the kind of writings I write. I mean that surely should speak for itself. But, as many people won't agree, I guess I'll just write it down since people don't really .. more..

Writing
Results Results

A Chapter by Jelly Shot


A Rerun A Rerun

A Chapter by Jelly Shot


Breaking News Breaking News

A Chapter by Jelly Shot